Breach of Privacy
hrunge0801

Last weekend I recd an email that I was at 75% of data allowance.  Never recd email before, only texts.  The problem is that it was sent to my personal email, my work email, my IT controllers work email and my ex-husband's personal email who has never been or had access to my account.  After calling C.S. being transferred to Tech Support with no one offering a solution as to how the email addresses were attached to my acct. Also emailed the privacy office, with no response - went to the local store who also could not figure it out and suggested I fill out a fraud report. After looking at the report, it did not apply to me.  No one seams to grasp the fact that not only was there acct information etc, that I would prefer an ex-husband not obtaining, but my including my work email address, he now knows where I work as well.  Many safety issues for my family over this breach.  Since it has been a week and no one is able to help, I need to find out how to cancel my contracts without an early termination penalty so I can move myself and my children elsewhere while I deal with this mess. And, after talking with at least 10 verizon employees, only one young man apologized, the rest all made me feel that this was my fault.  They have clearly never been in my shoes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Breach of Privacy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There's no need to consider canceling service with us hrunge0801. We're here to help with your email concerns. May I ask how many email addresses do you have on your account? Have you check My Verizon to ensure that unwanted emails haven't been setup for notification? Also, was your address noted in the email notification? As you share the details then we can assist.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hrunge0801

According to everyone I spoke with, only my personal email address is tied to the account.  I did send copies of the email, etc. to the privacy area 2 weeks ago and did not receive a response.  Not only did the phone customer service area look into it, but so did tech support and my local Verizon (corporate) store.  No one was able to give me any resolution.  Beyond frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly apologize for the situation this has put you into, hrunge0801. I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox here in the forums and reply with the information I'll need to start our investigation and find a resolution.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes