Busy Transfer / Call Forwarding - How to deactivate?
felixr

For years calls on my cell line have been transferring to another line on my share plan when I don't pick up. Every upgrade cycle I tell the representative in store of my plight and ask them to help out. Naturally they all say it's fixed, but will take time to work out in the system. Lo and behold, it's never changed.  Now that I've had enough, I looked into it and I'm fairly certain that this is part of Verizon's "Busy Transfer" feature.  Their FAQ on the subject tells me that I can deactivate this service by dialing *73 and waiting for a confirmation tone. When I do, though, all i get is the tone for a hang up and the call ends.  They even supplied a number to confirm the service is no longer running (*900) but I get the same result when I call it.  I'm lead to believe this has done nothing for me.  Can anyone help me out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Busy Transfer / Call Forwarding - How to deactivate?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

felixr-

I'm sorry this is an issue that has gone on for so long. It does sound like a call forwarding feature, and if dialing *73 has not disabled this, I want to take a deeper look into this on the account level. Please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message so I can help.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes