But seriously, this is good service?
Arrowgon
Enthusiast - Level 2

And this is good service? I should have known the first month when they charged my first installment of $58 for my "free" phones. I was moving back to my home State to be with my family again and called about adding some lines. The guy said he would be able to give me two "free" phones if I added the two lines and I wouldn't have to pay the outrageous connection fee, so I said ok.

They wouldn't deliver them to my family. They delivered them to me and I would have to mail the phones back home. The phones were delivered to me days apart by two different companies. The day the first phone was delivered to me they started charging for the service. They demanded a reconnection fee if I had service turned off until it was needed.

Shortly after the phones were received by my wife and son, I found out the "free" phones would be $58 a month for years and Verizon billed me for the connection fees. When I called for an explanation, everyone I talked to at Verizon Customer Service said the phones were "free", because they would credit my account $58 as long as I did what they asked. The connection fee would be refunded in on some future bill. Of course if you have ever called Verizon customer service(?) you would know it was a 45 minute on hold to talk to them 20 minutes for them to say you must talk to another department. Another 45 min hold and 20 min to explain to be transferred again then your line disconnects and you repeat the whole process the next day.

So, you will know the agony I felt when I noticed Verizon Cloud had been added to my account despite the secret pin number I had added to my account to prevent services being added. No one used the Verizon Cloud service and it was a mystery at the time. I was dreading the upcoming customer service diabolical.

This time I choose the customer service chat, except it wasn't a chat. It was an AI chat not that doesn't know it's A from a B and there is apparently some secret path of questions you must answer to eventually reach a (probably) live person. After an hour it was determined that a child had added the service. They removed the $20 charge and claimed to do a through job of blocking the addition of services. Except they didn't. Four months later I noticed the $60 charged for the Verizon Cloud on my account. I called three times to cancel it again. They wouldn't do it. They wouldn't cancel the charges and remove the service. Wasted hours and hours then called customer service on the phone and spent more hours getting it corrected.

Now Verizon had been pushing to let them ACH the money from my account to pay the bill. I knew better. I knew there was no chance it would turn out good, but funds were low this month, so I went for the discount they offered to me for them to take money instead of me sending them money to pay my bill. I had deposited just enough to cover the discounted bill. Of course they drafted the full price of the original bill and it cost me a lot of fees to get my account back positive again. Here I go again to Verizon's so called customer service. If you call this customer service...?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: But seriously, this is good service?
Arrowgon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rebecca,

I will give you a chance to prove your statement correct.  Your chance to prove "we want to help" is available at the webpage I have linked below. 

The link leads to a question Levinsona asked Verizon Support in 2013.  During the lengthy thread Levinsona and others are desperately trying to block text messages that are apparently being sent from an email address.

I have followed this thread (and similar) as the same question/problem is repeated by Verizon customers over and over through the years.  The same problem for EIGHT YEARS?

There is so much material without a solution that maybe I have missed the material that contains a solution.  It's possible, because I have now just became fixated on the Verizon Customer Support agents constantly closing the discussion without resolving the question and their constant requests to please send a private message.  How does this make sense?  The agent has discovered a secret answer to the problem and doesn't want to share it with all the other Verizon customers asking for an answer?

See Links below:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Android-General/How-do-I-block-Email-text-messages-from-many-differ...

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/blocking-text-messages-from-email-address...

Personally, I need to block the emails I started receiving after I donated using the WinRed.com website.  All text messages originate from a GoDaddy website and contain the text "21-now.com"

Good Luck, Rebecca!  Knock it out of the park!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important for your bill to be correct. We are here to help, Arrowgon. Please send us a Private Note.  *Rebecca

0 Likes
Arrowgon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rebecca,

I keep trying.  I get a lot of this "please contact us another way", but the other way never works either. My favorite is when I receive a message that the wait time is longer than normal. (and I laugh, because everytime I have called it is longer than normal) I am offered an option that I can receive a callback within 50 minutes, but after I select the option it says that option is not available and I am offered a scheduled callback for the next day at a specific time.  So I wait 15-20 hours for the call that NEVER comes. I have tried to receive a scheduled callback three times over a period of months.  I have NEVER received one scheduled callback from Verizon ever.

But, I am open to new ideas. Let's give this a try. What method of sending a private note should I try?

Is this an option available for everyone that has suffered through Verizon scams and dis-service or just us customers that have a problem tolerating the abuse?

0 Likes
Arrowgon
Enthusiast - Level 2

and please remind me to tell about the free phone service feature to block emails that the Verizon chat agent insisted I would have to pay for

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help. You can send us a Private Note through this platform. *Rebecca

0 Likes
Arrowgon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rebecca,

I will give you a chance to prove your statement correct.  Your chance to prove "we want to help" is available at the webpage I have linked below. 

The link leads to a question Levinsona asked Verizon Support in 2013.  During the lengthy thread Levinsona and others are desperately trying to block text messages that are apparently being sent from an email address.

I have followed this thread (and similar) as the same question/problem is repeated by Verizon customers over and over through the years.  The same problem for EIGHT YEARS?

There is so much material without a solution that maybe I have missed the material that contains a solution.  It's possible, because I have now just became fixated on the Verizon Customer Support agents constantly closing the discussion without resolving the question and their constant requests to please send a private message.  How does this make sense?  The agent has discovered a secret answer to the problem and doesn't want to share it with all the other Verizon customers asking for an answer?

See Links below:

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Android-General/How-do-I-block-Email-text-messages-from-many-differ...

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Wireless-Services/blocking-text-messages-from-email-address...

Personally, I need to block the emails I started receiving after I donated using the WinRed.com website.  All text messages originate from a GoDaddy website and contain the text "21-now.com"

Good Luck, Rebecca!  Knock it out of the park!

Arrowgon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh.  Maybe I found a way to block email and website initiated text messages.

See Link Below:

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-200868/

0 Likes