Buy One, Get One 50% Off Promotion
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

"Verizon is currently running a “buy one, get one 50% off” promo for its top Android phones. The list of devices includes Google’s Pixel and Pixel XL, Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, and the LG V20.  To get the deal, the fine print says you need to buy the first phone on a device payment plan, which then gets you “50% instant discount on full retail price of 2nd device of equal or lesser value.”"

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/11/10/verizon-currently-running-bogo-50-off-promo-includes-pixel-phon...

Deals On Cell Phones, Tablets & Accessories | Verizon Wireless

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Buy One, Get One 50% Off Promotion
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like a new device payment purchase is required per phone. I would interpret this as a DPP is required for both phone lines.

From the pop-up, "New device payment purchase required per phone. 50% instant discount on full retail price of 2nd device of equal or lesser value. Limited time offer."

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know if it was "required" or not - my husband and I just got the deal on Google Pixels tonight, and we have both on the DPP, with one payment of $27 and change and the other $13 and change for 24 months.  We really didn't consider other options.  I didn't think to ask if we could just purchase the 1/2 price phone outright, we just did the DPP. 

I wonder if I can just pay off the 1/2 price line after a couple of payments?  I might try that, just to lower the bill (by a whopping $13!) 

BRIEND51

We just bought two Google Pixels on November 8th (didn't get them until the 11th) and I saw this promotion - what timing...  Is there any way to return our phones and re-buy them with this new promo pricing?

Thanks!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

BRIEND51 wrote:

We just bought two Google Pixels on November 8th (didn't get them until the 11th) and I saw this promotion - what timing... Is there any way to return our phones and re-buy them with this new promo pricing?

Thanks!

Yes, of course there would be a $35 restocking fee for each of the phones you return.

0 Likes
BRIEND51

If only it were that easy - we are already using the phones...  I called Verizon and was told to return the phones and wait for them to be credited/re-stocked.  Once that happens, we can order new phones using the promo (keep in mind that we will have no phones during this time period!).  I offered to simply pay the restocking fee and that didn't work - looks like we will be stuck and miss out on a great deal.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure if the policy is still in place (it was a few years back) that if you purchase a phone and the price drops within 2 weeks, you can get the sale price.

A few years ago, we bought two phones for our (then ) teenagers as Christmas gifts, and a few days after I'd bought them for $50 each (on a contract) the price dropped to $30 each; I was able to get the difference credited to my account.  The phones had already been activated and were in use.

You might see if they are able to credit you 1/2 the price on the second Pixel, either a credit to your account, or a reduction of your DPP (depends on how you bought the phones).

MANDY_OLER

Can you mix and match brands under this promotion? For instance, can I buy a droid force and get a Samsung Galaxy s7 for half price?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It appears so; when clicking the question mark next to the phones' promotion tag-line, it says:

"50% instant discount on full retail price of 2nd device of equal or lesser value."

0 Likes