Call Filter
Airwave1
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I just received a text message from Verizon that the Call Filter Plus service is increasing in cost to $3.99 on 9.28.2022 which is in the middle of my contract period.  After calling customer service, they made me aware that a call filter was free with the Legacy Unlimited everything plan I already have! (I've been a customer since 1988 and worked for Verizon in Basking Ridge NJ in the later 80's) While there are slight differences in the two plans, I brought to the attention that I was never offered that by Verizon and asked for a complete historical refund of the $2.99/month charge since they started charging me for that feature since they failed to offer me the inclusive Call Filter. 

Furthermore, I found it completely unacceptable for Verizon to change any contractual rates within that time period AND due to the economy with inflation at 40 year record highs in a recessionary period, to initiate any increase in any services at all, HOW DARE THEY! 

Then I mentioned to the customer service agent that Call Filter Plus should be offered to everyone FREE due to the fact that Verizon IS allowing these spam text and phone calls therefore creating a nuisance for it's own customers.

No resolution as of yet but think about it, they are charging us for their failure to stop spam calls and text, what the heck!

Re: Call Filter
JonathanH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh I'll go you one better... I have 6 lines on my plan and enrolled in call filter plus for *all* of them a couple of months ago.  Specifically telling the agent I wanted the $7.99 "multiline plan".  That's advertised here: https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs, and on the main site when you go to add the feature...

I look at this months bill and see I'm being charged $17.94 total for that service, $2.99 per line * 6 lines.  I just got done with a chat session with an agent where I was informated that the $7.99 "multi-line" plan is *only* available in NY state... Despite it never being mentioned anywhere in the website that it may be limited by location.

Tags (1)
JonathanH
Enthusiast - Level 2

Coincidentally after complaining here, it magically is available on my account...

class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm finding the VERY SAME issues with my 2 lines. I have "free" call filter, and Call Filter Plus that has INCREASED to 5.99 ( from 2.99 ) on my wife's  phone!  We BOTH get more Spam calls than ever since then !  My wife's phone gets them constantly, and when she declines them, they then call ME ! ok what's the deal?   Ok Verizon, WHY are you letting this continue??  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how frustrating Spam calls can be class3nh. I experience them too, and I definitely get the annoyance that these calls cause us all on a daily basis. We would love to help as much as we can. We alongside all other carriers are doing all we can to partner up with the FCC and all the needed parties to do all that we can to minimize these calls as well as to get one step ahead of these scammers. As of now Call Filter detects spam calls and if you have the Premium Call Filter then you can also report the Spam calls that we do not have on our database. Since we all experience callers that spam call us, this a tool that everyone can contribute to in order alert everyone of a particular number that you may want to be aware of. You can also set the spam threat level so Call Filter can automatically block those calls for you, if they have been reported as spam numbers.

You can find this information (number 8 & 9 under "Mark a number as spam" and "Automatically block spam calls with your spam filter") here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ please know that we take spam calls seriously. We are doing all that we can to help improve everyone's experience. Let me know if you have any questions about the above features as I want you to be able to take advantage of these options to help reduce the amount of calls you receive. -Amber

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ohh I'm VERY Savvy with how all this works. I firmly believe that Verizon could offer something similar to what YOUMAIL offers, and for less or free. I'll go one better. I find I'm STILL paying my Monthly Device fees ( that I fought to get my Trade-in money ( Cough Cough)  for 2 phones I traded back to Verizon 1 1/2 years ago BTW.  Verizon has just conveniently shifted the $$ Amounts around, to make it LOOK like I was getting our Device dollars. PLUS best we can EVER get is 4G LTE out of 5G Phones ( we are in Vegas, just a couple miles off the Strip)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring our customers are getting the support and services they need is important to us. In regard to your trade in, you should see the monthly charge of your device, with a credit to offset that charge. Do you see a trade in credit for your device?

In regard to your service, are you having problems with your connection? Please keep in mind that the 5G icon will only appear if you're using your data. If you do a Google search do you see the 5G icon?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got tired of over 2 years of Spam Calls and deleted my wife's "call filter Plus" charges on my account. I find the extra 3.00 a month that "adds protection" is useless on her phone ( no matter how much I block) so in an essence, Verizon got me for all that money. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

class3nh, I am sad to hear this. I totally understand how you feel about those unwanted calls. I am happy to help in any way. Please send us a Private Note, so I can assist you better.  -Dia

0 Likes