Call cannot be completed as dialed
mchollett

I have a business phone that when dialed from my Verizon wireless phone gives the following message:

3 tones

"We're sorry we are unable to complete this call as dialed......"

Once the message completes, the call will ring and connect with the business.

I asked a friend with ATT wireless to dial the number and he does not receive the message.  The call goes through normally.

I have worked with land line provider and they state I need to speak with someone at Verizon to address this in their system.

Looking for some help with who to contact at Verizon regarding this matter.

The phone number in question is 440-XXX-XXXX

<< Full phone number removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call cannot be completed as dialed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mchollett,

Oh no, let's get these calls back up and flowing! When you dial this number do you dial the area code as well? Are you able to receive calls from this number?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mchollett

I get the tones and error message regardless of whether I use the area code or not.  Dialing 1-440-XXX-XXXX or 440-XXX-XXXX gives me the three tones and then "We're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed.  Please check the number and dial again......."

<< Phone numbers removed >>

If i wait and listen to the complete message, the phone starts ringing after the message and the call goes through.  Problem is, most people will hear the beginning of the message and hang up.

Thanks,
Mark

0 Likes
mchollett

The 440-XXX-XXXX can receive calls and callers do not hear the message when dialing from AT&T cell phones or some land lines.  The call goes through no problem.

<< Phone number removed >>

It only seems to be Verizon.  I just asked another person in the office with a Verizon cell phone to call the number.  He got the error message also.

0 Likes
mchollett

Sorry for the multiple replies but I keep thinking of things.

Since you work for Verizon, I assume you have a Verizon cell phone.  What do you get when you dial the number ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mchollett,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with making these calls. Are you able to make or receive any phone calls? Is it just from this particular number? Have you been able to contact them previously?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mchollett

I can make and receive calls on my Verizon cell phone.

It is just the one number that gives me a problem.

What I need is for a Verizon tech to look at the routing for the number shown in the above comments and see how it is routed.  I don't know how to contact that tech.

If you can give me a contact number or email, I will explain the situation.

This is something that needs to be looked at in Verizon's call routing system.

A general tech person will not be able to answer this question.

My question is how do I elevate this issue to the correct tech person ?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated. If you can send us a private message then we can look into this deeper for you.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BoZap

This problem with a caller to my Verizon iPhone getting the message “We’re sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please check the number and dial again.” is STILL A PROBLEM AS OF NOV 5, 2021 !!!

I have 2 iPHones (the same) and some phones calling one of them get the message above.  This has cost me a lot of lost customers & money.

The guys in online chat & voice chat are clueless as in "We don't know anything about the backbone switching network, we're just a wireless provider."

The guys in the shop watch a cal from my wife comes in on one iPhone but not the other iPhone.

The Verizon store tech guys finally say something like "we don't know anything about technical bugs."  "So who does?" was my question.  The best answer they could give is "some high tech data security firm."

I am ready to drop Verizon as I am missing customer calls and this can NOT go on!

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes