Call forward - no answer
viajeraxever

Does anybody know how does this feature work?  Can I have my cell phone off and still use this feature?  If so, how do I get this feature to work? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call forward - no answer
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No Answer/Busy Transfer Description

You can have incoming calls answered by another phone whenever your wireless phone is busy or remains unanswered after three to six rings. With this option, your phone will ring unless you're on the phone.

When forwarding calls to phone numbers outside your local calling area, you’ll be billed for any toll, long distance, and airtime charges incurred. Additional per-minute charges may apply to all forwarded calls. Not available in some areas. Airtime applies to forwarded/transferred calls even if you send the call to wireline telephones.

How to Get It

No Answer/Transfer in an included feature that is typically added to your account when you first activate service. If you wish to confirm you have this feature, sign in to My Verizon and select "My Plan" and then select "Add/change features".

How to Use It

To Activate - No Answer:

1. Press *71.

2. Enter the forwarding phone number where you want calls to be forwarded (e.g. *71-606-123-4567).

3. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone.

4. Press END.

To Deactivate - No Answer:

1. Press *73

2. Press SEND and wait for confirmation. You should hear a confirmation tone.

3. Press END.

0 Likes
techgoose

I have tried this half a dozen times.  I get the confirmation tone and a voice saying "your calls have been forwarded."  However, when I call my own number, I still get the Verizon voicemail after ringout; I cannot get it to behave as described in this article.  It used to work but not since I upgraded to 5g

0 Likes
techgoose

I also tried hitting "*73" first to DE-activate call forwarding, and then the *71-10-digit-no thing again after that; again the "success!" message followed by consistent reproducible FAILURE upon trying to actually use it.   On my 3rd Verizon Tech Support tech and everyone at your company acts like I've asked for the impossible (If I can get them to understand me at all, which is a challenge with some of these reps).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

techgoose, we're here to help and can assist with correcting any Call Forwarding issues. Please send us a private message to further assist and want this to be your last stop for support with the right resolution. Thank you.

- Alan

0 Likes
sonicdsl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please confirm *71+10 digit number+Send is the proper sequence for call forwarding no answer only. The answer above is from 2010.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yes, this are the correct steps. You can review more information here: https://www.verizon.com/support/call-forwarding-faqs/ 

~Aaron

0 Likes
rmruss3

That link does NOT apply to No Answer Call Forwarding!  And I just waisted OVER 3 HOURS on the phone with your Customer "Service", which was an ABSOLUTE FAILURE!   WHY is something so simple, so impossible for your Reps.   Verizon has great reception and coverage, but a NEGATIVE 5 IN SERVICE!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, rmruss3. For busy call forwarding, you would dial *71 and then the number you want your calls to be forwarded to. Your phone would ring and then the call would be transferred if you don't answer it. Here is a link that explains this feature in full:https://www.verizon.com/articles/call-forwarding-everything-you-need-to-know/#

*Cassie

0 Likes