Call forwarding from one VZW to another VZW cell phone M2M ??
werl

I have two VZW phones on a shared business rate plan.  If I activate immediate call forwarding on phone1 to forward to phone2, is that considered M2M and therefore no anytime minutes or other charges would be incurred?  Obviously, phone1 would get charged anytime for the inbound call if not M2M or F&F - I get that.

I'm asking since years ago the answer to this question was that call forwarding minutes were indeed chargeable regardless of where forwarded to (even VZW to VZW).

Thanks in advance.  Any directon to the VZW web site so I can confirm this in writing would be appreciated.  I've spoken to four different VZW employees and gotten two different answers (2 said chargeable and the other 2 said M2M).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Call forwarding from one VZW to another VZW cell phone M2M ??
budone
Legend

I would just forward and make a call from another phone and see how it registers.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning werl,

The scenario that you have provided is an interesting one and I would love to clarify for the community. May I ask which call forwarding option do you expect to have activated, immediate call forwarding or No answer/busy transfer? If the party activating the Call Forwarding or No Answer/Busy Transfer Feature forwards the calls to another Verizon Wireless number and has a Mobile to Mobile Calling feature, airtime for the Call Forwarding will deduct from the Mobile to Mobile Calling minutes. If you have any additional questions then please respond to this message so can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes
werl

Arnett,

Thanks for the reply.  To clarify:

I am using the immediate call forward feature.  I have unlimited m2m on my account.  If I understand you correctly, then any calls forwarded from Verizone Wireless phone1  to  Verizon Wireless phone2 would use the unlimited m2m minutes.  And if the initial inbound call to VZW phone 1 was from out of network, then VZW phone1 would be charged anytime minutes.  Lastly, no other charges (ie: call forwarding per minute fees, etc, would be incurred).

Phew!

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello werl,

That is correct! When using call forwarding, only one Verizon Wireless mobile number will be billed for the minutes, which will be the line that has call forwarding activated.

:smileywink:

0 Likes