Caller-Name-ID does not work with VoLTE HD Voice on iPhone 6
parkersmith

I want to activate the new Caller Name ID feature for iPhone 6 , but when I called in to support, they said it turns off the VoLTE feature that provides HD Voice and Voice and Data over LTE. The customer care rep tried to convince me that this is a limitation of the new iPhone 6, but I think it is something in the Verizon activation system. She suggested I contact Apple, but I argued that someone at Verizon must know since their system deactivates the HD voice as soon as the Caller ID Name is enabled. To be clear, I am talking about the feature at

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/caller-name-id.html.

I am not talking about the Shared Name ID. I am looking for someone from Verizon to escalate this question as to why I cant have both Caller ID Name and HD voice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller-Name-ID does not work with VoLTE HD Voice on iPhone 6
rcschnoor
Legend

What does it matter what the reason is? If they are incompatible at the current time, they are incompatible at the current time.

The "Tell Me More" link when subscribing to it states "Caller Name ID is not available on all calls, on all equipment or in all areas". It would appear that VoLTE calls on the iPhone 6 currently fall into the first category of that statement. For an additional $2.99/month added to your bill, it seems like a pretty expensive part time capability.

0 Likes
parkersmith

You are right, I really don't care what the reason is, but I would like someone to step up and acknowledge it is a bug or actually is an incompatibility. If it is a bug, I am hoping this conversation will shed light on the subject to get it fixed. Also, you are right, it is expensive and is not worth paying $2.99. I would expect this to be included in normal service in the future.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I wouldn't think it is a "bug" since it clearly states in the description in the "Tell Me More" link when subscribing "Caller ID is not available on all calls...". Calls on VoLTE would appear to fall into the category "not available on all calls".

Whether or not it is available in the future on VoLTE calls will certainly be found out in the future.

If you are waiting for a response from Verizon, let me do my best to replicate what you can expect from them:

"We are so excited you are interested in our offering of Caller Name ID. Unfortunately it is currently unavailable with VoLTE on the iPhone 6, but you can keep checking back HERE for more information. As more information is available, it will be posted."

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

It is a known technical limitation at this time, and Verizon is very upfront about disclosing it. I suppose the limitation will be overcome sometime in the future, but how long has not been announced.

I am on voLTE and I have noticed that it sometimes works when a company has caller name ID, but not always.

0 Likes