Calling Verizon-to-Verizon wireless internationally
Globetrotter

I understand how to make callsto the US or to local numbers while abroad using my global phone, but if I'm calling another Verizon cellphone in the same city (my traveling partner) what do I key in before dialing their (US) cellphone number?  For example, if we're in London and become separated, how do we call each other? 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calling Verizon-to-Verizon wireless internationally
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, even if the other phone is sitting on the bench right next to you, you have to dial in the exit code, country code and ten-digit phone number.

Additionally, this will be treated as an international call for "both" phones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

First, make sure you call have have international services turned on the devices BEFORE leaving. I see you have an Escapade with has a GSM option which will be required in London. Does the other phone have a GSM option also???

Now use this link for fialing instructions for countries you may visit.

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Exit Code then 1 then Area Code/City Code then Phone Number. 

Example: 
00-1-212-555-1212 
(e.g. Taiwan to U.S.) 

The definition of Exit Code is a number used to initiate an international call from a specific country/destination.

0 Likes
Globetrotter

Yes, both phones are Escapades with a GSM option, and the SIM cards and international calling plan would be activated before leaving the US.

Another responder said that I would just dial the exit code, country code and ten-digit cellphone number.  But wouldn't that only apply if I were calling that cellphone number back in the US?

Thanks

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I really have no idea about calling internationally, (I stick to the Caribbean for the most part. :smileyhappy:) that's why I sent the link.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, even if the other phone is sitting on the bench right next to you, you have to dial in the exit code, country code and ten-digit phone number.

Additionally, this will be treated as an international call for "both" phones.

0 Likes