Calling restrictions when calling my own number!
DevinBookman

Hello,

I've seen a few threads that are now closed about this issue, but none address my problem. I have missed some calls from people, and I just discovered, possibly, the reason. When I called my Verizon mobile phone from my office phone, I received the message "the number you have called has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of your call Announcement 19." I certainly haven't blocked my own number! Could someone let me know how these restrictions are set and how I can disable them? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Calling restrictions when calling my own number!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there DevinBookman and thank you for reaching out to us today. We can understand having some concerns about not receiving some of your calls and we are here to help. To confirm, when did this issue begin for you? Do you have the same problem when calling your office phone from your cell phone by chance?-Candice

0 Likes
JGibbs64

I am having the same issue. No calls in or out, no texts, no service period just the canned message from Verizon that there are restrictions. This started about 1 hour ago around 10:30am EST.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JGibbs64,

We certainly want you to have the best possible service! I am sorry to learn that you are having the trouble. What ZIP code are you in? What make and model phone do you have? -Tionna

0 Likes
DevinBookman

This is the first time I've noticed it, in part because it's the first time I've thought to try it. It happened twice when I tried calling. I do not have a problem calling my office phone from my mobile phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DevinBookman, we thank you for sharing this additional information with us. To ensure that we're on the same page, is this issue with a prepaid or postpaid account? Also, can you please provide the zip code and nearest intersection that the issue happening in? -Kevin

0 Likes
DevinBookman

I am currently on a prepaid plan, and this occurred at 03766, near the downtown area. I prefer not to give personal information on a public forum beyond this; I am looking for support for an issue that appears based on your forum and other closed discussions not to be unique to my location or plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Devin, how are you today? We're here to help, but please give us more details about what's going on so that we can do the leg work for you and find some answers, okay? *Stephannie

0 Likes
DevinBookman

What details are you looking for? The original post should be clear: " I have missed some calls from people, and I just discovered, possibly, the reason. When I called my Verizon mobile phone from my office phone, I received the message "the number you have called has calling restrictions that have prevented the completion of your call Announcement 19." I certainly haven't blocked my own number!"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It most definitely would concern me too, Devin - have you checked the settings on your phone to verify that you don't have any calling restrictions enabled? Would you like me to check your account to make sure that we don't having any blocking provisions on your line just to make sure? *Stephannie

0 Likes