Calls go straight to voicemail with no 'missed call' notification!
HAMILTUCKY25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been noticing, intermittently, that sometimes incoming calls will go straight to voicemail. And sometimes, I don't get a vm notification for a while (anywhere from 20 minutes to a day). Today, I missed a phone interview because of this. Also, my phone still doesn't show a 'missed call,' though it did tell me that I had a vm. This is getting frustrating. Please advise. I really don't want to change carriers, but my tolerance for this is growing thin. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Re: Failed Calls
HAMILTUCKY25
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fyi - I have a Revere flip phone. And no - I do NOT want to be strong-armed into a smart phone.

rcschnoor
Legend

I can't say why you are not getting a VM notification for some time, BUT if for whatever reason you phone does not have service at the same time you are receiving a call, the call would go directly to VM. Additionally, if the call goes directly to VM for the reason you didn't have service at that moment, your phone would ALSO not show as having had a missed call. A missed call notification is only activated when your phone actually rings and you do not answer. If your phone is turned off or doesn't have service when a call is received, you will not get a missed call notification.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to stay connected, HAMILTUCKY25. I'm so sorry you're intermittently missing calls and messages. We definitely don't want you to consider leaving us. 

How long have you had this phone? Has any troubleshooting been done? You mentioned not wanting to get a Smartphone, which I totally understand. However, have you considered a 4G Basic Phone? This can help tremendously. 

You can view Basic phone options here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/ 

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
HAMILTUCKY25
Enthusiast - Level 3

Vanessa,

Pardon my just not being able to respond. Anyway, I've had the phone for ~ 8 years (it's tough as nails) - maybe longer. I don't know. But this issue HAS to stop or I will absolutely change carriers.

Troubleshooting wise, no, this is my first time at contacting anyone. I've only recently become aware of this problem's prevalence and am trying to nip it in the bud now. Also - why would I need to change my phone at all? Why can I not keep my current phone? I do not want to change it. I just want to know why part of my own apartment (!!!) seems to sometimes be a dead zone. This is not good and I don't like it.

Thank you. I look forward to your response.

-Tom

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working device is a must for me too Hamiltucky25. Are other users experiencing this problem at this location? Does service improve when you step outdoors? Please note that service is not guaranteed indoors due to a variety of factors that includes building materials, congestion, line of sight of a tower, and foliage.

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HAMILTUCKY25 wrote:

Vanessa,

Pardon my just not being able to respond. Anyway, I've had the phone for ~ 8 years (it's tough as nails) - maybe longer. I don't know. But this issue HAS to stop or I will absolutely change carriers.

Troubleshooting wise, no, this is my first time at contacting anyone. I've only recently become aware of this problem's prevalence and am trying to nip it in the bud now. Also - why would I need to change my phone at all? Why can I not keep my current phone? I do not want to change it. I just want to know why part of my own apartment (!!!) seems to sometimes be a dead zone. This is not good and I don't like it.

Thank you. I look forward to your response.

-Tom

You will have to change it some time in the next few years. As Verizon Wireless is planning to shutdown the CDMA network soon, anyone with a CDMA phone will need to get a new VoLTE 4G phone. You could start looking at the available basic phones that way you can have time to choose from selection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HAMILTUCKY25
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is the CDMA network? Or a VoLTE 4G phone, for that matter? Whatever the case, I'd stay basic. But I do prefer a flip phone - and one where I can just swap-out the batter when/if it runs out. I don't care to have something constantly on. I don't care for bells/whistles. I don't care to have the internet in my pocket.

0 Likes
HAMILTUCKY25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think that this is the correct answer. Inside of my apartment, it'll work just fine five feet away from the dining table. But the dining table - where I do much of my work - is a 50/50 working zone. Not good. And I don't know who else has this problem - I live alone. It's made me resort to jacking up the ring tone volume and setting it away from where I do much of my work - a real nuisance. Any other thoughts?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HAMILTUCKY25 wrote:

What is the CDMA network? Or a VoLTE 4G phone, for that matter? Whatever the case, I'd stay basic. But I do prefer a flip phone - and one where I can just swap-out the batter when/if it runs out. I don't care to have something constantly on. I don't care for bells/whistles. I don't care to have the internet in my pocket.

Those are the type of cellular network. Try a web search to learn more about them. The VZW rep earlier posted a link to the current basic phones and some of them are flip phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes