Calls go straight to voicemail
JAYZEM21

I have received calls that go directly to voicemail.  I had the phone in my hand but it never rang.  I got an alert that I had a new Voicemail.  I wondered what trick allowed to caller to bypass my  ring tone.  The calls were not the general spam/scam or phishing.  There was no "spoofing" of the number since the phone never rang.  I called Verizon Support who said that they had never heard of this problem.  Today I received a call (straight to voicemail) offering to teach me how to make a call go straight to voicemail.  When I called back, the person answered.  When I wasn't interested in buying his service, he hung up.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a solution?  I imagine that Verizon does know how this trick is done. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Calls go straight to voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure calls get delivered to your phone or voicemail as you see fit, JAYZEM21. Let’s find out more about what’s causing this so we can help you in the most efficient way. When did it start? Is there any other activity to the inbound caller prior to your voicemail, such as an announcement? What apps have you installed in the past month or so? What model device do you have? Do you have any kind of call forwarding set up, other than voicemail (which is typically automatic)?

George_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAYZEM21

This started in 2017.  I got an alert that I had a voicemail.  The phone was sitting next to me but never rang. It was a local business  that was trying to hire me. Not a Ukrainian or Pakistani scammer.  Next one was a local mortgage company offering to refinance my mortgage.  Not a normal scammer.   Then I got another from a local mortgage company.  Then I got one from a local real estate agent who was holding an open house near my home.  All of these people have learned how to bypass the phone ring and go straight to voicemail.

In answer to your questions:  there is no other activity to the inbound caller prior to the voicemail.  I have zero apps. I have a flip phone made my LG.  My friends who have smartphones have also received the "straight to voicemail" calls so I am sure that the problem is not related to the type of phone. I do not have any call forwarding.

George,  I am sure that there is a trick to getting the call to voicemail without the phone ringing.   So I have questions for you:   have you ever heard of this "straight to voicemail" before?   Do you know how it is accomplished (but you don't want to publish it online)?   If people are selling the secret of this trick,  Verizon must know how it is accomplished.  And if you know how it is accomplished, you can tell us how to stop it from happening in the first place.

0 Likes
eftcounselor

I've had the same problem and it's been going on for years.  I called Verizon Tech support years ago and didn't get any resolve.  It's happened 2X this AM.  It's very frustrating and annoying.  There must be a way to stop this.

0 Likes