Can Guests Use My WiFi?
TRISHEW54
Enthusiast - Level 2

When company comes they wish to use their internet off my router.  What pass word do I give them to enter on their phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Guest using my WiFi
TRISHEW54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for all you help.  I have decided to go into Verizon next time I get to Reno and talk to the guys.  I may need a stronger router due to the rural area I'm in.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you setup a guest wifi SSID?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TRISHEW54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think so since before I was just using the router for my desktop and laptop.  Where do I set it up or how?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the make and model of the WiFi router?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to dig out the user manual for your router and verify your router model supports a guest wifi. Then you would access the admin interface of the router to make the changes.

FYI if you have Verizon Residential Internet service and you came to this forum to ask your question, you actually landed on the Cellular Wireless forum and not correct forum for landline issues. Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

From my experience for years unless you change it the WEP code or whatever which is the password is right on the router as long as they are using the router provided by the internet company.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I understand that is generally what most people do. However I'm not most people. I have changed the SSID name and password for my wifi router and the password for the admin interface for the router settings because I purchased a separate router from the modem from my Internet provider. Actually I have done it twice now as my first router's wifi radio wasn't as strong as I needed it to be anymore and it didn't support the newer connections like the 5 GHz and a guest wifi.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

If only you would have read the last half of the last sentence in my post.

0 Likes
TRISHEW54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon 4G Lite

0 Likes
TRISHEW54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in a very rural community where DSL is not available and landline is very, very slow.  I used to have satelite but now I am using only a Verizon 4G Lite router which may not have enough power for our area.  Even Verizon cell service is spotty.

0 Likes