Can I keep my number and transfer the service to another family member?
pepper31

My husband is the primary on our family account. I want to change carriers and take my phone number with me. I have another family member willing to take over the secondary line to avoid paying the ETF but I REALLY don't what to pass my current phone number off to her. Is there a way for me to take my number with me while giving her the secondary spot on the account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I keep my number and transfer the service to another family member?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Nope not possible to do. You'll be stuck with that early termination fee. I know you don't want to give her your phone number,but that looks like it is the only way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Nope not possible to do. You'll be stuck with that early termination fee. I know you don't want to give her your phone number,but that looks like it is the only way.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

pepper31 wrote:

My husband is the primary on our family account. I want to change carriers and take my phone number with me. I have another family member willing to take over the secondary line to avoid paying the ETF but I REALLY don't what to pass my current phone number off to her. Is there a way for me to take my number with me while giving her the secondary spot on the account?

I realize I'm chiming in late on this thread, and that it is already marked as solved....however.....

It was about 6 years ago (and policies may have changed since then), but my son wanted to port his number to AT&T and get his own plan - and we added my daughter to the account at the same time, basically doing what you want to do, pepper31.  He kept his number, we got her a new number on the line that was his line, and there was no ETF.  Effectively, we did not terminate his line of service, we just changed the number.

Like I said, this was about 6 years ago, and things may have changed, but it did work for us then.

0 Likes