Can I request a booster please?
Tom3rd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello.  I don't even get good enough service to really take calls at my house and this has been true for more than three years.  I requested help and pretty much nothing came of it.  Can I please request that you provide me with a booster free of charge?  I still pay for a landline because my cell service is so weak and it show on the map that I have 4G service.  That's not true at all.  I spend more than $300 per month and have for years.  At more than $3K per year I think you could do this for me.  Could you please help me out here?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I request a booster please?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Coverage isn't guaranteed indoors. If you have service outside of building then the building itself is weakening the signal to unusable levels indoors. Therefore Verizon Wireless has made available for purchase a network extender to create a micro cell tower indoors using your landline internet connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yes you are more than welcome to purchase one. In three years or beyond that, even if you haven't upgraded you are out of contract so why are you still paying?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tom3rd,

Having service where you need it most is definitely important. While we would love to be able to ensure services work perfectly everywhere, due to challenges created by building materials and other factors beyond our control, we're unable to guarantee services indoors. Network extenders are made to help improve the coverage where cellular service has been challenged. They can be purchased for your personal use here http://vz.to/2dOmOiv. However, we can check to see if there's anything else causing you to have trouble with calling at home. What zip code are you in? Is the trouble you're having only occurring while you're at home?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tom3rd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello --

I've had this looked into before but would be happy to have you do it

again. It seems like it's not too much to ask to get a booster so that I

can call from home. You list my area as in the 4G area and it's nowhere

close to that. I do have to decide if I stay with you at this point. Last

week they told me I'd have to purchase a booster, which is very annoying

since it would only provide me with what you're supposed to be giving me in

the first place.

Tom

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 8:13 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Coverage isn't guaranteed indoors. If you have service outside of building then the building itself is weakening the signal to unusable levels indoors. Therefore Verizon Wireless has made available for purchase a network extender to create a micro cell tower indoors using your landline internet connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tom3rd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Coverage is terrible outside too. The customer service folks admitted it

last week.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then there are other factors in your surroundings preventing the signal from reaching your location. The terrain is a big part of what can weaken the signal. The trees and other buildings can too.

For example, I know personally of one location in a valley where all you have to do is travel 15 minutes north or south and park on top of the hill to get a usable signal with a vehicle mounted booster. You have to travel further to get a regular signal with just your phone.

0 Likes
Tom3rd
Enthusiast - Level 2

The main problem is the nearest tower is actually in a valley two miles to

our east lower than our current elevation. A ridiculous place to put a

tower really.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is probably there to cover that valley. It is equally likely that the local planning commission or whatever jurisdiction that covers the placement of where a tower is permitted has restrictions on the location and size of the tower.

You never answered the VZW reps question about which zip code you live in.

0 Likes
Tom3rd
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes