Can I switch contract end date to other line on family plan?
zute1

I know this is possible to transfer an upgrade to another line, but I want to cancel service for one of my lines that is still under contract.  I'm wondering if it's possible switch the contract to the line that is not under contract.  Only other way I see to do this is to just switch devices on the plan?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I switch contract end date to other line on family plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No you can't switch contract end dates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can I switch contract end date to other line on family plan?
WingBot

We were told by a Verizon employee about a year ago that this was possible. They said to just find someone to take over your contract for you and you're out...

I tried to pull this off today and the representative that greeted us said it was likely possible by going through the Assumption of Liability process. Then we waited for another rep to become available (20 min later) and she said that the contracts are tied to the phone and all of its contacts, and that it is impossible to switch contracts, unless you switch devices/phone numbers with the other person.

Meaning, you will trade phones and phone numbers, along with contacts, etc.

Not sure why anyone would want to do this, but I almost considered it just to get out of the ETF (Early Termination Fee).

I will be paying the ETF, unfortunately, as I have already purchased an unlocked phone and SIM.

Good Luck!

0 Likes