Can I switch my Samsung Galaxy S3 for an IPhone 6?
nleibold_ctu54

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I hate the phone. I have only had it for a year. Is there a way I can upgrade to an IPhone 6.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I hate the phone. I have only had it for a year. Is there a way I can upgrade to an IPhone 6.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF the phone was purchased as a contract device (substantial discount, or free) then you are obligated to keep the line of service for 24 months - that doesn't mean you have to keep the same device on the line.  You just won't get another discounted device or be able to use Verizon's payment plan to get a new device until the 24 months is up.  You can buy an iPhone 6 on your own (full price, or find a gently used one on eBay or swappa) and activate that instead of the S3. 

View solution in original post

Re: I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I hate the phone. I have only had it for a year. Is there a way I can upgrade to an IPhone 6.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

IF the phone was purchased as a contract device (substantial discount, or free) then you are obligated to keep the line of service for 24 months - that doesn't mean you have to keep the same device on the line.  You just won't get another discounted device or be able to use Verizon's payment plan to get a new device until the 24 months is up.  You can buy an iPhone 6 on your own (full price, or find a gently used one on eBay or swappa) and activate that instead of the S3. 

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy S3 is a pretty aged device, launched 3-4 years ago if memory serves right. Is there a particular problem we could help with, if you're not able to buy a newer phone right away?

0 Likes