Can I transfer an upgrade and keep my unlimited data?
LJNAFF

I currently have unlimited data on my line, which is eligible for an upgrade. I am trying to transfer the upgrade to another line on the account (there are 6 total - 5 are together on a shared minute plan while my line is individual) When I try to transfer the upgrade on verizonwireless.com, it gives me an error. When I go to a store and try to do it, they direct me to do it online or call customer service. When I call customer service, they advise me to go in a store OR that it cannot be done.

Is anyone familiar with this issue/situation or can someone give me advice on this matter? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Grandfathered Unlimited Data - Transferring Upgrade
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

You are definitely able to transfer your upgrade to another line. That is called a "Buddy Upgrade". You will however lose your unlimited data since it will be renewing the 2 year contract on your line.

View solution in original post

Fresh318
Enthusiast - Level 1

They won't let you use the upgrade on another phone cause they want you to use it so they can get you off of the unlimited data

xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

You are definitely able to transfer your upgrade to another line. That is called a "Buddy Upgrade". You will however lose your unlimited data since it will be renewing the 2 year contract on your line.

akihsot
Enthusiast - Level 2

So basically, you cannot retain your unlimited data and upgrade your line with Verizon's subsidy. In order to upgrade and use either the subsidy or Edge payment options, you will lose your unlimited data...don't underestimate the value of unlimited data...I have had to pay for overages on the lines I upgraded and lost unlimited data on consistently. This is even turning wifi on at school, home, and trying our very best not to use data.

0 Likes