Can I transfer my number and upgrade?
barfclown

Hi I would like to get off of my parent's phone plan, and I've made arrangements with my sister to take an unused number already existing on her account, but I have some questions.

My current number is eligible for an upgrade, so I am wondering if the following is possible:

1.  Transfer my number from my parent's account to my sister's

2.  Transfer the upgrade attached to it to the existing number on her account that I will be using

3.  Transfer my (then former) line BACK to my parent's account

I know you can transfer numbers do different verizon accounts w/ the account holders permissions, and I know you can transfer upgrades, I'm just concerned about back and forth.

I will be the same customer so I don't see why it would be forbidden.

Would I be able to achieve this at best buy w/ their representatives, so I can take advantage of their phone sales?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I transfer my number and upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi barfclown!
It seems you have this all planned out! The answers to your questions are yes, you can do what you stated in your post. However, if you stayed on your sister's line, you would no longer have your number. You can take the device with you if you go back to your parents' account, but the agreement would be on the line the upgrade was performed (the line on your sister's account would have the new 2year agreement).
To initiate this process, please have the current account holder (for the account  that your line is currently on) contact us to give your sister authorization to assume your line from the current account. Then, your sister can call our Assumption of Liability Department at 888-832-4540. Your line can then be switched.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I transfer my number and upgrade?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi barfclown!
It seems you have this all planned out! The answers to your questions are yes, you can do what you stated in your post. However, if you stayed on your sister's line, you would no longer have your number. You can take the device with you if you go back to your parents' account, but the agreement would be on the line the upgrade was performed (the line on your sister's account would have the new 2year agreement).
To initiate this process, please have the current account holder (for the account  that your line is currently on) contact us to give your sister authorization to assume your line from the current account. Then, your sister can call our Assumption of Liability Department at 888-832-4540. Your line can then be switched.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes