Can I upgrade my devices and keep unlimited data?
bencoolb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 smartphones that are eligible for upgrades.  I currently have unlimited data on both phones.  Is there a way to keep unlimited data on either or both the phones?  I've read about keeping unlimited data by transferring upgrades from one line to another, but it doesn't sound like that will work for me because I need to upgrade both phones and they are both smartphones. What is the best case scenario for me?  Transfer to Sprint?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: upgrading two smartphones with unlimited data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bencoolb,

We want to make sure to satisfy all your wireless needs! You can keep you unlimited data plan on both line by taking advantage of our Device Payment Program. http://vz.to/ZILXBT You will not have to pay for the full price of the device upfront! How many GB of data do you use per line?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You can do what I did Pay full retail and retain it)  one's might think this is Hi but you'll skip having to pay the $35 activation fee and when you do this you still have the option to get a phone as your not tied down to a contract..

And if you have the option to Service Bill you can do that it is best to do it after your Bill cycles to give a full month to pay the Device or devices off I chose this in the past and it has worked for me.. Hope that helps... b33

0 Likes
Not applicable

I agree with B33, pay full price for a phone and keep your data plan. 

If you look at your usage, do you use more than 2 GB a month on each phone?    Do you really want to worry about going over?

And they are trying to phase out the new device at a discount in 2 years with this new edge plan.   No matter how I do the math, I pay more if I switch plans, even with the 'Share more' plan they are offering. 

B33
Legend

To elaborate my one line went month to month and our other one doesn't come up to upgrade till June but I put my new Droid Maxx on the Line that doesn't come up to June why I did this I wanted to keep my Razr Maxx on this line for certain purposes that I won't share but if I want to cancel this Line in say a few months I can and I still have my Droid Maxx on a Good Line..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bencoolb,

We want to make sure to satisfy all your wireless needs! You can keep you unlimited data plan on both line by taking advantage of our Device Payment Program. http://vz.to/ZILXBT You will not have to pay for the full price of the device upfront! How many GB of data do you use per line?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes