Can I use Top-Up Cards to pay for my plan?
pearlheartgtr

I'm considering switching from Virgin Mobile to Verizon because my father is giving me his Droid RAZR M. I am interested in the $60/month plan (not prepaid) and am wondering if it can be paid using Verizon top-up cards?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using Top-Up Cards To Pay Plan (not prepaid)
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Verizon refill (top-up) cards are only for pre-paid service. You cannot use them on postpaid.

And (as you might be aware) you cannot use 4G devices on Verizon pre-paid currently.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
karlej

Consider having the phone unlocked. I would not be using verizon if I could receive service from another carrier at home.

It's been a nightmare.

0 Likes
pearlheartgtr

Verizon has locked this and a couple of other types of Droid Razrs from being unlocked and used on other US carriers. They unlocked the international GSM frequencies but not in the US. So I'm kinda stuck on Verizon with this one. So any kind of unlocking is impossible for this. I've been reading and researching it for several hours today.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Verizon refill (top-up) cards are only for pre-paid service. You cannot use them on postpaid.

And (as you might be aware) you cannot use 4G devices on Verizon pre-paid currently.

0 Likes