Can anyone tell me the status of the proposed cell tower at the View Point Park in Prescott Valley, AZ.
keninaz

This tower according to the city has been awaiting Verizon action/design for lease and such.

Our service drops in our area 80% of the time, even when outside.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can anyone tell me the status of the proposed cell tower at the View Point Park in Prescott Valley, AZ.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

keninaz,

We are committed to offering you the best possible service where you need it most, It does concern us to hear that the service has not been the best lately but we will work to get this resolved as soon as possible. As of right now we don't have an ETA on when this should be implemented. Has the service always been a challenge in this area?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Can anyone tell me the status of the proposed cell tower at the View Point Park in Prescott Valley, AZ.
keninaz

Yes, they starting developing the area am in about 10-15 years ago but towers are few and far apart out here and it's always been a problem. I just moved here two years ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha! I appreciate the insight. I apologize as we're unable to provide additional insight to the construction of a new cell site. Does the issue occur throughout town or mainly in your residence? 

0 Likes
keninaz

In general, from what I understand from residents of this general area, dropping calls is the normal even if you step outside on the north side of HWY 89A.

A larger segment of the population lives in the newer communities built in this area of the town yet not towers exist for miles from us.

In today's society, many people that service appliances and such rely on cell  phones to get troubleshooting advice and schematics and to order parts. Without cell service they cannot do that.

It also puts those of us that do not really want to have a land line phone anyone at risk of not being able to make contact in an emergency of course.

Frankly, If I were not under contract for a low level of service that would cost me more to terminate the 2 lines and return to a landline I would have already done it.

And if this tower is voted down, I will do just that as I will be left with no option in my opinion.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Whether a tower goes up i an area is not up to the carrier. From the time a carrier applies for a tower until a tower can actually be constructed can be as long as 2 years. That's IF it gets approved. there are a lot of Not In My Back Yard ( NIMBY for short ) people that have caused tower not to be put up. Ironically the same people come back to the carrier and complain about their poor coverage, A lot of people in charge of deciding these things are technologically ignorant. they think a carrier should be able to put a tower 10 miles away where it  lower anyone's property value and somehow still provide coverage. One would think being able to get a great cell signal would INCREASE property values not deflate them.

0 Likes