Can not send or receive texts from a few short-code contacts??
123LEE

I switched from Verizon prepaid to a brand new phone and Verizon post paid. 

Kept same number

I was receiving mobile coupons (text messages) from Target (827-438), Staples (555-444), and the like.  They all use short code.

Now, I am unable to send or receive texts from them.

Here's what I've tried:

• Went to Verizon store to confirm SMS is active.  They looked at my phone.
  • Cleared cache and cookies
  • Restarted phone
  • Texted companies to sign up for mobile coupons again. (they never respond, not getting my texts).
  • Confirmed my old number transfered to my new phone.

I could use some help in figuring out how to fix

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can not send or receive texts from a few short-code contacts??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to take advantage of all your coupons 123LEE. If you log into your My Verizon and select features do you have a block on premium messaging?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
123LEE

I figured out the issue by doing a Google search.

It seems it the phone that creates the issue... The Samsung Galaxy S6.

I fixed it by creating a contact for the short code.

For example, Target mobile coupons uses short code 827-438 (TARGET) so I created a contact called “Target mobile coupons” and added the short code on the contacts page. Then it worked.

I did this with the others as well...Staples mobile coupons, Belk mobile coupons.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

123LEE, thanks for letting us know that this has been corrected and this is very good information. I appreciate you sharing this with us. Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes