Can't activate galaxy watch4
jakelstr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my galaxy watch4 yesterday, which i pre-ordered through VZW. Despite being on chat with support for over 4 hours last night, tiers 1 and 2 were unable to activate my watch on LTE. The Galaxy Wearable app says it is contacting my service provider, and then it says "can't setup your mobile plan". 

Has anyone else successfully done this? Tier 3 support supposedly will call me back in a few days, but I don't have much faith considering Tier 2 support didn't understand that the watch has an eSIM and not a physical one. 

Re: Can't activate galaxy watch4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new smartwatch. We understand your concern with activation. We'd like to have an opportunity to help. What message do you get when you try to get it activated? Did they submit some kind of ticket or have it escalated?~Christian

0 Likes
jakelstr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christian,

Supposedly it was escalated to a team above tier 2, I actually forgot what it was called.

When I go to "Mobile Plan" in the wearable app, it says it will contact my carrier and it shows a progress bar for a little while, then it says "couldn't setup mobile plan". It gives error 4001 

0 Likes
iMel408408
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow... i had the same problem... spoke with 3 different VZ agents...they told me it was an issue with the IMEI, went back to the Samsung store 30 miles away got a new watch only to have the same issue. Obviously not the IMEI.

Not sure what to do now...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Just to clarify has this been uplifted? -Joel

0 Likes
iMel408408
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does uplifted mean escalated?

If so, I dont think so, at least the general issue that is occuring with the failed activation process hasn't. Talked to someone again last night and they said the only other thing they could try for me was asking the technical team to see if it is possible to "manually program it" and that I should hear back in 5-7 days.

0 Likes
jakelstr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually got mine to activate, but I'm not sure what did it. Here's what happened:

I was leaving my house to drive 3 hours away on a trip, and I noticed my gps directions were showing on my watch and I didn't want that, so in the moment I just powered it all the way off for the rest of the drive. When I got there, I started it up and tried to activate it and it just worked.

So, did Verizon do something? Was it because it was turned off for 3 hours? Was it because I drove 3 hours away to a much different tower? Some combination of these? Not sure, but my watch did activate.

iMel408408
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well whatta ya know! I saw your reply, tried the setup through the Wear app again and it was working in less than 5 minutes... Thanks for replying. 🙂 

Maybe there is like a 12ish hour delay in registering the IMEI on a new watch? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your concerns are always our concerns too. I just saw your most recent message and it appears that your Galaxy Watch 4 is now activated. We want to be sure that all is well. Please let us know if everything is OK. Thanks! Thank you for your time and patience too. -Robert C.

0 Likes
bilaljalil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem, was on the phone for 2 hours with support and seemed like they couldn't figure it out. They said they would call me back with an update but nothing yet. They sent me a qr code in my email but the wearable app doesn't give me the option to choose the 'i already have a qr code or activation code'. Any leads?