Re: Can't activate galaxy watch4
iMel408408
Enthusiast - Level 2

How long has it been since you first tried to activate it? (when the Wear app setup prompt tells you its gona send your device details (imei) to VZ in an attempt to activate but fails) TBH i think it just takes about a day or so after that for the IMEI to get added to the system. Nothing was wrong with my watch, all of assuden the next day the setup process through the app just worked with now problems. It was frustrating, but just took time i guess.   Goodluck! Let us know if it works iafter 12-24 hrs 🙂

0 Likes
bilaljalil
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been 72 hours since I tried and talked to VZW and still nothing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on the new watch, bilaljalil. I know having it fully connected and activated is pretty essential. Verizon Wireless is currently investigating this with the new models, and we'll have them all connecting properly as soon as possible. 

*Zaak

0 Likes
gabrielj72

Having the same issue except I still have not been able to activate after calling this morning and on the phone with two different people. I was told that it could be that the watch isn't compatible with my Pixel 5 and will only work with the BT connection and not LTE. I was told to try and take the watches to a VZW store and see if they might be able to activate it there. The other thing that I kept running into was the agents kept asking for the ICCID and neither watch has that but they both have IMEI and EID's. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to getting your watch up and running! I apologize for the inconvenience. Please send a Private Note and we can offer you more personalzied support.  -Yale

0 Likes
gabrielj72

PM sent yesterday and no response yet.

0 Likes
lenny007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am being told that my new Galaxy Watch 4 Classic LTE is not supported on Verizon's network and will not do anything to help get my device activated.  Talked to 4 different support personnel so far. How is this customer service? Why is Verizon's IMEI database outdated? 

iMel408408
Enthusiast - Level 2

@lenny007 - That's exactly what I was told, word for word...  but then a day later I tried activating through the Wear app and everything worked as it should have from the beginning.

0 Likes
lenny007
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support any update on your comment:

"Verizon Wireless is currently investigating this with the new models, and we'll have them all connecting properly as soon as possible." 

When is this issue going to being resolved? Can't activate my Galaxy Watch 4 due to Verizon's IMEI database being outdated/incorrect. You are the only provider showing my watch's IMEI as a Google Pixel 5a device. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for the inconvenience, lenny007. There's no update on this issue with the new Galaxy Watch 4 at the moment. 

*Zaak

0 Likes