Can't call or text a certain number
APDesigns
Enthusiast - Level 1

My father in law is on my family plan and has a Droid turbo 2. I cannot call or text him. I've looked at his phone and he does not have me blocked. I'm on a Pixel 2. Texts just don't go through, And when I call it goes straight to a message saying "your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system..." after two rings. Any suggestions?

Re: Can't call or text a certain number
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Obvious question, but have to ask: Can he receive ANY calls/texts, outside or other  plan members?  Are you having any other issues calling/texting others on your family plan?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
APDesigns
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. Neither of us are having any other issues. He can call and text me, and anyone else can call and text him. I can call and text anyone else, but not him.

My first thought was obviously he had accidentally blocked me somehow but it doesn't appear to be the case that I can tell by combing through his phone settings. I'm a favorite contact and not in his blocked list.  I have restarted both phones and recreated his contact on my phone.  

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You might try calling support and ask to be transfered to Level 2 support to trace your call and find out why it is failing or being blocked.

I have a Droid Turbo 2 and when I edit a contact, there is an option for 'All calls to voicemail'.  Couldn't be that simple, could it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

APDesigns, we always want all of our customers to be able to contact the person they need to be in touch with. We do want to help you in any way we can. 

Looking over the details you shared so far, we need just need one more detail before our Tech Support is needed. You stated that when you call him your call is answered with an automated response saying "voice messaging system". Are you able to leave a message and if so does he get that voicemail?

We want to confirm this because if your calls are going to his voicemail, then that would confirm the calls are being processed and routed by our system correctly, but something on his phone is directing your calls to voicemail. 

If that is the case, then we would suggest having him contact us directly or visiting a store location so we can review his phone.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes