Can’t report power outage with no service
VAL93
Enthusiast - Level 1

Power outage and I can’t notify anyone of the issue since the service won’t kick back in. Switches from LTE to 1x to 3G and repeats with varying bars.

zip code 43615. It’s 5:36am and there’s no landline for use and I can’t use my phone to report. 

0 Likes
Re: Can’t report power outage with no service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear about your service difficulties. We are not showing any reported outages or trends. Is this issue still happening? Anyone else having this issue? What model phone do you have? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
FloridaBritt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you still having this issue?  I’ve noticed the last three times the power has been out I’ve been unable to use my phone because my cellular service is down as well. My neighbor has Verizon and she experiences the same issue.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FloridaBritt, it's important to us that our Network Engineers are made aware of any issues impacting services. While most of our towers have a standby generator that can last anywhere from 7 hours to 5 days (so long as they weren't impacted during the storm), signal should be usable during the outage time frame where generators are working/available especially if the device is properly enabled for HD/Advanced Callling services. Are you currently experiencing an outage that is impacting your services? If so, in what zip code?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
neilmauser

We lose power often and always have this same issue. The data works perfectly in our house at other times, so it’s directly related to the power outage.  When we drive down the street it is then fine. We have new phones and it doesn’t make a difference. We were advised to reset network settings on the phones during an outage, it did not help at all.  We need to be able to use the internet during an outage to get status updates etc.  This isn’t acceptable service! Please advise. 

0 Likes