Can we no longer transfer upgrades between phones?
popocub

Still on my father's account. His line is eligible for an upgrade and I want the GS4 but apparently a customer rep told him in-store that transferring upgrades is no longer available.

This is..rather disheartening if true. In VZW's Upgrade Device FAQ (http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/My%20Verizon/upgrade-device.html) it says they are an option. So I'm not sure which is true. Can anyone chime in?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can we no longer transfer upgrades between phones?
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

I haven't heard anything different, I just think you can't do it with tablets or jetpacks, like you can't upgrade an iPad to an S4.  But honestly I'm not 100% sure, that would be silly because that's normally the recommendation if someone doesn't have an upgrade available.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

You can always just upgrade his line to the gs4 and activate it. Then activate his old phone back on his line and activate the gs4 on your line. Problem solved.

0 Likes
popocub

Good to hear you're both thinking along the same lines...not sure why they would tell him otherwise though? I'll have to ask him to go back in..

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Well there's no way to 'transfer' an upgrade, it would be doing an alternate upgrade which is exactly what AZSALUKI described. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can still transfer an upgrade via your on-line MyVerizon account.  Sign in as the Account Owner, then click on Upgrade Device under Device Management.

0 Likes