Cancel service/ETF question- phone purchased from Wirefly
keebs45

Hi,

I purchase a new Droid Razr in October through Wirefly.  My company recently switched from the blackberry to iPhone so I'm considering consolidating to just one phone.  Does anyone know what the ETF would be if I canceled my verizon account?  I see $175 & $350 listed but wasn't sure which applied if I purchased it through a 3rd party. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cancel service/ETF question- phone purchased from Wirefly
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

For Verizon smartphones, ETF is $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete (basic phones' ETF is $175 minus $5 for each full month of your contract term that you complete). 

You'd want to check the agreement you signed with Wirefly regarding their ETF.  According to their website, you must agree to maintain your agreement for a minimum of 181 days after activation, otherwise there may be additional charges ($400).

0 Likes
keebs45

ok thanks, I'm looking through my wirefly information now.  Does it make a difference if I was upgrading my phone (extending my verizon contract) vs. buying a new contract? 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, a contract is a contract ... only in your case there are two:  one with Verizon and one with Wirefly.

0 Likes
keebs45

OK thanks, looks like I'll have to wait a couple of months before I make the switch.  Not a big deal, just figured it was worth looking instead of carrying 2 smart phones.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just remember that while you may be 'in the clear' with Wirefly after 181 days, you'll still have a Verizon ETF if you cancel the line before your two-year contract is up.

0 Likes
keebs45

Yup thanks, I knew about that fee.  I've talked to our IT department about switching & since we use AT&T I'd have to pay the fee.  Still would be worth it in the long run to not have a cell phone bill. 

0 Likes