Canceling and Transfering?
carishnicka

My contract is up on the 26th of this month. How do I go about canceling my services? Do I have to call them the day it expires? Or can I do it online? Also, I am switching to a different company; can I transfer my verizon number to the new device? And if so, do I do that before or after I cancel through verizon? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Canceling and Transfering?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you port your phone number to another carrier, it automatically canceled your service with Verizon Wireless. I would suggest porting your number after your contract end date and before the last day in your current billing cycle.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Canceling and Transfering?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As Ann said, porting with your new carrier will cancel your Verizon account.  Also, if YOU cancel your account, THEN go to another carrier, your number is not available, so if you want to keep your number, let the port process with your new carrier cancel your Verizon account.

Soon after the 26th, like on the 27th, begin the port process with your new carrier.  That should cancel your Verizon service and a final bill will be generated for the last billing cycle and any charges still owed.  Be sure you are actually at your contract end date, not your upgrade date (which is 4 months before the contract end date, in most cases) or you will see an ETF on your final bill.  You don't want that kind of surprise.

0 Likes