Cannot Get Through to Ask a Question
VerizonUserName040219
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been trying for nearly two hours to get through to someone to ask about sending my sons to get them new phones (their current phones are nearly non-functional).  I do not have availability to go to the store with them, and I cannot get ahold of a single person in any way, shape, or form to ask if I can make them an appointment at our local store and send them up with my card, or what I need to do to give Verizon my money to procure functional phones for my kids... phones that will use the services for which I pay multiple hundreds of dollars a month, and are slowly becoming useless as their phones refuse to charge for more than five minutes at a time.

I need to be able to talk to a human.  I've tried the local phone number, and it apparently routes to corporate where I've sat listening to egregiously awful hold music for over forty minutes and no answer.  I've tried the 1-800-255-5499 number only to be told "Welcome to Verizon!  Your call cannot be completed as the called party is unavailable..." which then repeats endlessly, call after call after call.  I've tried the video chat option, but no one at the store is available for video chat.  I've looked for a messaging function here on the website (I can't see well enough to text long-term on my telephone), and cannot find that option.

Could someone please help me?  I literally want to get myself in hock to Verizon for two new phones so we can keep using the services for which we're paying.  I just want to find out if I can make my sons an appointment to go in and send them with my card.  At this point I'm so frustrated I almost want to just cancel their phones and go with another company, but honestly I don't feel like having yet another bill coming out of my account.  I've been with Verizon nearly twenty years.  Help.

Re: Cannot Get Through to Ask a Question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello VerizonUserName040219,

We know how important it is to have great to working phones. We want this upgrade to be quick and easy for you. We are here to help!

You can always reach out to us on our Contact Us page here: https://www.verizon.com/digital/nsa/nos/ui/contactus/nonsigninlanding

To set up an appointment for a store, you can do so from our store directory here: https://www.verizon.com/stores? If they store is accepting appointments, that link will tell you. 

In order for your son's to purchase a new phone without you present, they need to be added to the account as Account Manager's. This link will show you how to do this: https://www.verizon.com/support/assign-account-manager-roles-faqs/ If they aren't Account Managers, then you would need to accompany them in order to make any purchases or changes to the account. 

You can also purchase phones online and have them shipped right to your home. They can pick out what they want and start the purchase process here: https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/

Does this help?

-Christopher

0 Likes
VerizonUserName040219
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you; it answers my question.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

This process has been far, far more difficult than it should have been.  I guess the blame goes to the current pandemic situation, because I have never had so much difficulty contacting a Verizon service representative or a store in my entire life. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VerizonUserName040219, yes, the pandemic has created changes all around us. We are truly sorry that you felt them when you needed us. Please know that we are honestly here for you either in this forum or by visiting us on social media @VZWSupport. -Loren_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

@VerizonUserName040219 wrote:

Thank you; it answers my question.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

This process has been far, far more difficult than it should have been.  I guess the blame goes to the current pandemic situation, because I have never had so much difficulty contacting a Verizon service representative or a store in my entire life. 

Pandemic is an excuse. Call volume started getting noticeably bad around 2017 or so from center closures / high turnover. People leave reviews on store employees who won't help them. Verizon still redirecting calls to a store to the national customer service line is a joke. 🙄

0 Likes