Cannot Remove Disney+ Add-on
mwadib1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been unable to remove Dinsey+ from my Verizon account for the past 4 hours. I see there are many other Verizon clients experiencing the same problem. After 3.75 hours of trying to remove the Disney+ add-on Verizon asked me to call a Disney+ phone number. Disney+ says they are not able to make any changes because the service was obtained through a 3rd party (Verizon). Disney says this is a Verizon issue and for Verizon to create a case to escalate and resolve the problem. As a Verizon client, I will NEVER subscribe to another Add-on through Verizon for fear of this happening again.
Verizon, I will not dedicate more time to resolving this on my own. You may contact me for account information and I will provide the information to you. Then, it I leave it to your team to resolve this for me and the rest of the Verizon clients that experience similar issues. If this service, that I do not want to subscribe to, remains on my account and is billed, this may qualify as "cramming" or other unauthorized service. In either case, I am attesting to you here that I DO NOT authorize this add-on, and Verizon is not allowing me to remove or manage it. Neither Verizon support or Disney+ are able to manage it. This will be filed as a Consumer Affairs complaint with the VA Attorney General if you cannot fix this soon. Thank you.

Re: Cannot Remove Disney+ Add-on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do understand your frustration here. We will not hold you liable for any charges added to your bill. Once we get the feature removed, we can credit your account for those months where you were billed if you did not authorize this addition. We can try to remove it from your account on this platform, but if it will not allow us, we will need to file a ticket to get it removed. It is best if you respond to us in private so that we can work on your account. - ErichC_VZW

0 Likes
edalv_mkd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also need to remove cancel Disney plus, how can I get this done

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@edalv_mkd ,

Managing the features you have on your account is definitely important. Please keep in mind that just like an Account Owner or Manager had to enroll in Disney+, that same role needs to be signed into My Verizon to cancel Disney+. Please follow the steps here if using the My Verizon mobile app: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-228797/ or follow these steps if using the My Verizon website: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-228795/ 

0 Likes
edalv_mkd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have followed and still cannot get it cancelled!

mkile2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue and was charged for 5 months, they only offered me 2 months of credit. Good luck getting it fixed and a full refund.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure all these cases are looked at. Please send us a Private Message and we can continue to your account to investigate. 

JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
blue412
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone had luck removing their Disney plus free trial? I have tried cancelling it 4 times, 2 times over the phone, once on chat, and once in the store and every time I am assured it has been cancelled, then lo and behold, I get charged again for it the following month. I can't follow the provided directions to cancel it online, because they don't work or I get an error. 

I am so aggravated at this point, it feels like less work to cancel my entire Verizon account and move to another carrier. I shouldn't have to deal with this for over 3 months now trying to cancel a Disney+ subscription. Does anyone know what to do? I don't understand why it is this hard to cancel this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to see that you are having difficulties canceling the subscription to Disney+, blue412. Please visit this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/disney-faqs/#manage), and follow the instructions on number 2 under the "Managing your subscription" section. Keep us posted. -Antonio

0 Likes
blue412
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already said it. Those directions DO NOT work. I tried that and those screens don't even exist on my account. Just as other people have mentioned in this thread. Those directions don't work.