Cannot receive calls
gontababy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I opened up an account 5 days ago, ported number from my old carrier.  Everything is working, except I cannot receive calls.  When I try calling my cell phone from another phone, I hear "the number you dialed is not a working number".  It won't register that I missed any calls nor can I leave any message.  I went to a Verizon store for help, the lady there told me that there's issue with the number porting and that I should be patient.  It's been 5 days and I'm being charged for everything.  Is this normal?  I appreciate any feedback!

I have an iphone 6 plus.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot receive calls
Snn5
Legend

No, this is not normal.  I have never had to wait more than 2 hours for the porting/activation process to complete.  Sounds like a routing issue.  Calling tech support (from a separate phone) or going to the store are going to be the fastest routes to take.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No, this is not normal.  I have never had to wait more than 2 hours for the porting/activation process to complete.  Sounds like a routing issue.  Calling tech support (from a separate phone) or going to the store are going to be the fastest routes to take.

0 Likes
gontababy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Snn5 for your suggestion!!!  I will definitely try that and be more persistent

cbbarker

going on 3 weeks now and still cant receive any calls, says the voice mail hasn't been set up yet, but it has over and over, talked with support 15 or 20 times now no results, talked with apple support and let them in on my phone to check everything they told me that verizion is the problem. Ive been paying on this and have not got a call from anyone and the store I bought it from is all ways closed ,the support guy I talk 2 to last said it should start working in 3 to 5 days not the last support guy sends me down town to get a new phone, I ask will they all know about this and he said every thing right here on the order I just sent them, got there a day later and nobody knows notting it made me so mad, Im taking my wife with me every where she has brain cancer and had radiation, and now taking cemo for her lungs and the doctors and hospitals all called me on this number and can't now and Verizion hasn't fixed the problem yet, I also have cancer but need to take care of wife first don't know what to do.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cbbarker, we appreciate your efforts and want to move closer to a resolution. We are sending you a Private Note. TerranceT_VZW

0 Likes