Cannot receive or make outgoing calls
Dcsoup

I am having issues with phone reception in my area. Texting and internet work but I am unable to make or receive calls. This has been going on for 4 days now. I did call your support desk 3 days ago and it was determined that a 'network extender' would resolve the issue in the house. After the call, I went about a mile away and tried to make a call and was unable to. So this shows that if I leave my house, but stay in the area, I will still probably have issues.  Since that time, I have found on a local social app, other Verizon users in the area are experiencing the same problems, all starting at the same time.

So I called today to explain that it is an area issue and not just my house. I spoke with support tech Mo. She really did not want to hear my side of the story. Started giving what she thought was the resolution before I gave details -- the extender. Being in IT support, I know getting all the details are important. She stated the resolution to my problem is the 'network extender'. This may be a work around, but is not an acceptable fix, and if it works will only resolve being in the house. I then asked to speak with a manager. She did log a ticket before we transferred.

I then spoke with Ray. At first he stated that he did not have any further knowledge of what was going on. I asked if I would get updates for the resolution as the ticket progresses. He told me that was not possible, then stated he would personally check and call me in 7 days. Then as the call progressed, more and more details came out. He stated that it was due to a tower being out, not a Verizon tower, but a shared tower. Then he stated he found a ticket and parts were ordered back in February, but are being held up in customs due to the virus. Then he said once the parts do arrive, permits need to be pulled to go up on the towers. Then he stated it was affecting about 190 customers. In other words it could take a long time and I assume issues for 190 customers is not critical for a company like Verizon. When asked to what I should do without a phone and not having any idea of when there would be resolution he even stated that I could go to another carrier and Verizon would not hold me accountable for phone lease payments.

I have been a customer in the neighborhood of 30 years. Overall, up to now, I have been very satisfied with Verizon. But I am currently disappointed with the information that is shared and how I really have to question getting this information. I really have a hard time believing that a tower went down 4 days ago and up until today nobody has that information. I also have a hard time understanding why nobody can answer what the resolution is and when would be an ETA. I cannot understand that a customer does not and cannot get updates regarding the status of a ticket. Being told if I have service, that means it is fixed is not very customer friendly. Being told that the reason for this is confidentiality issues is not correct. CRM systems can be designed to display information based on profiles.

I really don't know where to go. I do not really want to switch carriers, but I cannot be without service for an undetermined amount of time.  In these times I really do not want to go into a store.  Updates with factual information would be very helpful.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive or make outgoing calls
Dcsoup

Ok -- received this message.  Don't understand, as phone is still not able to make\receive calls.  Also on the nextdoor.com app, multiple people are still reporting the issue.

here is what I received:

Network Performing as Expected

Details About Your Verizon Service Issue

We've investigated your concern, and have concluded that the Verizon signal strength in your reported area falls within our acceptable performance range. Additionally, there are no reported issues with cell site outage or impairment. Although our findings show the signal is acceptable, your individual experience may vary, due to factors such as:

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly not the experience we want you to have with us, Dcsoup, especially after being loyal to us for over 30 years! We want to investigate this further for you and determine if there is a better solution for your service issues in your area. Please meet us in a Private Note to continue assisting you.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
Dcsoup

How do I contact you in a 'Private Note'? 

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
Dcsoup
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Apologies for any confusion, Dcsoup. We have sent a private note to you. Please check and respond to that private note that we have sent. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
Dcsoup
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes
Re: Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning. We are following up with you in regards service issues. Please tell us, are you still experiencing issues with calls? 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes