Cannot restore messages from SDCard
DerkWehler

I have selected all my test messages and downloaded to SDCard.  It made a file with a .vzm extension.

Then I move the SD to my new phone and try to restore, but when I navigate to that folder on the SDCard, it does not show any contents (as if it is looking for a file type other than .vzm ??)

So how can I restore my messages from the SDCard?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot restore messages from SDCard
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'd suggest using a text backup/restore app from the Play Store (assuming you have an Android).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to make sure all your important text messages are saved in a safe and secure place. When it comes to saving messages, the SD card does not have the ability to store text messages. Tikibar1 does make a great point, using a text messaging application is a good way to back up the text messages. You can also use Verizon messages to store text message content. Here is a link on how to take advantage of this feature https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/ . To ensure we can provide you with other great options, what kind of device are you currently using?

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DerkWehler

Thank you for your response, although it was not terribly useful.  I already fixed this, but since it might help someone else, I will say how...

When downloading all messages, it put them in a VZMessages folder.  I found out it did not save them on the SDCard, but on the phone storage.  I copied the folder over to an SDCard and put it in the new phone.  When I tried to restore, it SAID it was going to restore from SDCard, but that is not to where it looks.  So I had to copy the VZMessages folder from the SDCard over to the new phones internal storage, so that the Message+ program could find it to restore.  That worked perfectly.

0 Likes