Cannot upgrade plans or phones due to Verizon technical problem (that cannot be resolved)?
Chuckwudebe

I've been a customer for Verizon for 21 years as of January 2021, and I've mostly been satisfied with the service during that time. Based on a recommendation of a Verizon rep, I decided to upgrade all 4 of my lines to a new Verizon unlimited plan (had one on an unlimited grandfather plan and 3 on a shared data plan) as well as purchase 3 new Samsung S21's during a promo. On Jan 24th, a rep changed my plan without any authorization when I was asking questions about my account. After the rep supposedly changed my account back to what it had been before, I lost all promos in my account, but was assured they would all come back because the rep submitted a ticket for it to all be reinstated. Since the call on Jan 24th of this year, here's my experience:

• I've been on the phone with Verizon 14 times checking on the progress of my upgrades and trying to activate new phones. I started keeping track of my time spent on the phone, and tonight I exceeded 32 hours in time on the phone with reps trying to resolve the issues on the Verizon side.
  • I've had 4 support tickets submitted by Tier 2 Tech Reps during that time, and after all 4 have been elevated, no response to any of them.
  • I'm on my 4th Tier 2 Rep as of tonight - all three of the previous ones promised me they are not like other reps and will call me back when we setup time. The last three never called me back (at the time they requested or any other time), and when I call into customer support they are not available (the Tier 2 Reps all asked me to call in with their name and request them specifically). 
  • On every call I've had the Reps tell me they included detailed notes in my account, but the next Rep that tries to help me tells me there are not notes on my account.
  • On my latest bill, Verizon billed me more than 2X the monthly amount, and the last two Reps I've spoken with both said it's wrong and they don't understand why it's that way.
  • I ordered 3 new Samung S21's (2 Ultra's and 1 S21) on Jan 28th, and as of Mar 4th still cannot activate them because of a "technical error on our side" according to the Tier 2 Tech Reps I've spoken with.

So as of Mar 4th, I've went through multiple Tier 2 Tech reps, my plans have not changed, and my new phones cannot be activated (and was overbilled during that time too). The only reason I've been this persistent is Verizon has the best coverage in one area I travel to, but at this point that doesn't seem worth it.

I wanted to see if anyone in the community has had an experience like this before - if you did, was it ever resolved (and if so what did you do)? Every rep tells me that it's an issue on Verizon's side, not mine. Trying to figure out how much longer I give this until I just switch.  

0 Likes
Re: Cannot upgrade plans or phones due to Verizon technical problem (that cannot be resolved)?
Chuckwudebe

I should have added one other item to my post: For some reason, my line was "suspended" tonight after I spoke with a Rep early evening. I didn't realize I wasn't getting calls/texts until around 10:00 PM CST, so I had to use the chat function online to try to get it restored (tried through my account online, and received an error message). Rep online told me the notes said "the last rep you talked to earlier included a note to suspend your line" - I never requested that nor did the rep discuss it with me. I'm starting to think Verizon may just want me to leave at this point...

Thanks in advance for any replies or ideas.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot upgrade plans or phones due to Verizon technical problem (that cannot be resolved)?
Chuckwudebe

Just wanted to provide an update in case it's helpful for anyone else trying to resolve this type of issue. After I posted this message, I received a private message from Verizon within a few hours to click on a link to get additional support - and the URL in the email was to a broken link. No response back when I responded that the link was broken.

I've gotten one email since last week stating there is no progress on my account.

I'm calling in later today to cancel my lines and switch to T-Mobile. If you run into this type of situation, I'd suggest learning from my situation and make the switch sooner. I'm disappointed in the outcome, but hope this info is helpful for someone else.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It saddens us to view feedback like this, as we certainly don't want to lose you as our customer. I'd be disappointed too if I had this experience and I apologize for your inconvenience. Verizon takes protecting our customer's personal and account information and that would explain why you receive a private message from our representative. However, receiving broken links is definitely not the experience we ever want for any of our customers and we'd like to turn this matter around. Plan changes, as well as other transactions for our customer's accounts can be quickly addressed and resolved. We'd like to continue working with you as well as continuing to be your wireless service provider. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As our valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns and we’re here to assist you in any way we can. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Chuckwudebe

Robert, every time you send me a private message with a link the authenticate, I click on the link and get this message: 

HTTP header value exceeds the configured limit of 8192 characters

Apparently, your server isn't set up to work with Google Chrome. Might want to tell people that when you send a private message. I followed up on your private message in Microsoft Edge. Haven't seen a response yet.

An overall update: The day after I sent my previous response, the Tech Rep I was working with called me and asked if I could give him "just a bit more time" to resolve the issue before I cancelled my account. He's at least been responsive since, but still no resolution as of today. However, the slap in the face came when I got a call from a collection agency saying that Verizon had turned over my past due bill to them. The Tech Rep I have been working with told me to turn off autopay and not pay my bill until all the issues were resolved. I wish I was making this all up at this point.

I honestly didn't think it could get worse, then this happened.  I hope this helps someone else on here. Might want to be very cautious on any commitments made by Verizon.

0 Likes