Cant Activate Galaxy Watch 4
ScottWidmann
Enthusiast - Level 3

Quite clear the Verizon is continuing to sell services it cannot provide in relation to Smart Watches.

Why?

1. Identify heavy users and target as future developers or "technology evangelists" common strategy for tech companies.

2. Build up ammo against Samsung for a future legal battle - case unknown, but likely as the Verizon business model is clearly adapting to include more software and hardware development.

3. Cannon Fodder - treat customers as disposable assets to essentially work for free beta testing problems between products and services. Also incredibly common in the tech industry - free labor.

0 Likes
Re: Cant Activate Galaxy Watch 4
ScottWidmann
Enthusiast - Level 3

Time spent so far:

Approximately 5 work days between Samsung, Best Buy, all Carriers and Retail Outlets, Independent Repair Stores, Odin, XDA, etc.

Give me the service I am paying for so I can move on to something else. $10 a month +$2 taxes/fees is a good deal and I cannot afford / do not need a separate phone line.

Otherwise this is way beyond lame.

ScottWidmann
Enthusiast - Level 3

Place a miscellaneous SIM card into your smart phone in order to get the Samsung Wear App to allow you to scan a QR Code.

After "setting up a mobile plan" this way your watch may function depending on whether or not Verizon keeps the IMEI registered or if Samsung cuts you out through a software update.

Verizon may deregister the IMEI and cite technical difficulties - tough to say. Most people seem to have service that cuts in and out intentionally or unintentionally.

Pray ahead of time if you plan to use a watch phone, absolute nightmare to setup - spent the spare moments reading the ESV, gotanswers.org, and with time on the water to destress from what was an absolute h3ll.

Verizon is still the cheapest monthly plan by far (few companies offer actual esim support and most will even sell you an esim without making it operational- US Mobile in my case). Otherwise, the Samsung Bezel is the best nav tool without a doubt although the software is completely different between watches

Your investment in a smart watch comes at the forefront of the development of a new wearable internet so the decision on a watch provider is pretty important - Google, Fitbit, Apple, Samsung, Garmin, etc. There is a reason companies like Verizon and Samsung are willing to lose legal battles in order to release the latest tech hardware - it focking works, when it works and the $$$ in the wearable tech market is beyond big, it is the kind of money that topples nations and starts world wars.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know your time is valuable, Scott! I would be happy to take a closer look into this for you, and do all I can to help. Please send us a Private Note, and we can continue. Thanks! 

-Jordan

0 Likes
ScottWidmann
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Jordan. You have my email. I have already contacted Verizon 5 times on chat and 5 times through the retail locations. Feel free to email me directly as Verizon has already emailed me approximately 30 times and your chat system does not allow me to export chats, or upload screenshots amd the technicians have started to repeat themselves while breaking your own security requirements for id verification which they break, then cite, then break again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Scott. I do understand your position, but we are unable to send emails that are not already in our system to send. We really do want to help as much as possible. Please send us a Private Note so that we can continue. Thank you!

*Ayesha

0 Likes
ScottWidmann
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ayesha,

Thank you for emailing me from your internal Verizon system - I am unable to reply because your mailer mailer @ us . khoros - mail .com      blocks any incoming emails.

If you are requesting that I instigate a Verizon Chat, I have already done that 5 times. Verizon has also already registered the EID. I do not authorize Verizon to revise or change the registration of the currently registered EID which Verizon has done previously without my authorization which is very close to stealing a phone number without the owner's knowledge.

Verizon has issued an ICCID for the watch which you have access to internally at Verizon. Please use that and the EID that is registered on the account to finish the setup.

This has been a very long setup process, the original contract was supposed to have been activated on: 4/19/2022. Also - your contracts do not have a place for the Authorizer to put a date which is not good and you did not give me page 3 of 3 of the contract at your retail location.

Please activate this line right away, you do not require any additional information from me in order to do so.

Respectfully,

Scott Widmann

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for those details. We are here to help, and make sure you have no issues activating your smartwatch line. We will be sending you a Private Note shortly. Please standby. *Bryan

0 Likes
ScottWidmann
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bryan,

Your private note does not make sense - please activate the executed contract. I am obviously already a customer as I am currently signed in to your system,  all of the associated numbers for the watch are already registered, and I am looking at a signed contract and a bill from Verizon for a service you have not activated yet.

This issue is on your end. Please ensure you address it.

Respectfully,

Scott Widmann

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScottWidmann, you reached out to us via our Community Forums and do not have an option to email you directly for support. We do not provide assistance via email at Verizon.

Please verify your account via the private note so we can review your account. Thank you.

- Alan

0 Likes