Carryover data
sudhir
Enthusiast - Level 1

I like it that Verizon has started Carryover of unused data into next month but I have couple of enhancements or feedback. In the usage, it always uses Carryover last so if you dont use it , its going waste. if you want to use the carryover one , you can only do it after consuming current plan data itself which means you will not be able to carry over anything to next month. This is kind of cheap business tricks to cheat customer by saying VZ allows carry over but it does not let customers use it next month unless they exhaust they plan data . its horrible and feels sickening to even imagine but not unpexpected from a business company like @Verizonwireless@ and they do not care about customers at all. all they need is money collected from customers by hook or crook , no matter what.

@VERIZONWIRELESS, you can do better. fix it.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Carryover data
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless modeled their carryover data policy after the AT&T carryover data policy. I doubt either are going to change any time soon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AcapulcoKid

Agreed. This is a terrible policy that sounds great for marketing, but is terrible for the consumer. If Verizon really wants to provide great customer service, then they need to implement policies that are best for the consumer. If it is great for the consumer, than then it will be great for the company and its investors. But every time a company has every tried to favor the investor over the consumer, everyone loses!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I agree that using carryover first would be preferable, I doubt that's going to happen.  Just implementing carryover is more than we had before ... and probably a move to stay competitive.

I disagree that "everyone loses" with this - the carryover is intended as a cushion, not as a "supplement" to your existing plan.,  You should choose a plan that matches your usage - then carryover WILL be a benefit for the occasional overage.  Safety mode is also a benefit to prevent overage charges yet allow you to still use data (albeit slow speed, and for basic usage only) over and above your allowance.

Carryover and Safety mode are more than we have ever had with Verizon in the past; I'm now paying less than I was two years ago for more data, better phones, plus carryover and safety mode.  I have no complaints.

0 Likes
JUSSOB50

In the my Verizon app, under the data hub, it clearly states quote allows you to "keep unused purchased data." That is the most misleading aspect of the promotion. Isn't all of my data "purchased"? If so, why do I lose it after 30 days? And if it's not purchased data, then how did I get it? The data fairy? It's purposely misleading and Verizon knows it. Shame. I won't be a customer much longer if this is how they do business.

0 Likes
JUSSOB50

"Allows you to keep unused purchased data." Says so in the data hub of the verizon app. I don't know about you, but I purchase my data. Then after 30 days it disappears. That's not "keeping". It's misleading. I wouldn't say it's a ripoff, but it's shady advertising in the least.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You are buying the right to use a set amount of data over a 1 month period. You are not buying a data amount permanently. Carryover just extends that time to 60 days rather than 30 days.

0 Likes
JUSSOB50

I'm not disputing that. Of course it's spelled out in the fine print that most won't read. "Allows you to KEEP unused PURCHASED data" is how they spell it out where people can see it. I'm not claiming it's a scam. I'm not saying Verizon is ripping us off. I'm saying Verizon is more than capable of making the promotion clear to the consumer, which they have not done. It's misleading advertising.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You can't live life going by the headlines and large print. Reading the details is the only way to protect yourself. Once you do that, it is not hard to understand the plan. Whenever you see an ad, or big print, the first thing you should ask is what is the real deal. It is designed to get your attention. Don't see anything wrong with it, that is how advertising works. And more and more and more things unfortunately.

0 Likes
JUSSOB50

You are completely missing the point of my argument, but that's okay. The good news is with my business degree I can do my own advertising, and don't need to use deceptive practices under the justification that they are considered "norm". Most people appreciate that.

0 Likes