Cell coverage spotty in 19808
JFA19701
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Upon recent discussion in an area Facebook group, it seems there is a lot of complaints from Verizon Wireless customers about a weak cell signal around the Pike Creek area in Delaware.   I too have experienced these issues and figured I would mention it to you for some kind of hopeful remedy. 

There are a lot of hills in this area which probably aren't helping things (which is why I have a Verizon Network Extender at my house), however, there is a tower that doesn't appear to have a Verizon signal that you could potentially add to which would likely solve a lot of the issues people are complaining about.    

The Tower's Approximate Address is (from cellmapper.net): Mill Creek Fire Company Station 2, 4021, Skyline Drive, Mermaid Run, Pike Creek, Delaware, New Castle County, Delaware, 19808, United States.  The tower is located directly behind the Pike Creek Shopping Center.  

I have provided an area map to this post (from cellmapper.net) that outlines the other area verizon towers and I marked where the tower without VZW service is.

Please investigate this option to improve your coverage in this area.

Thanks
Jon

The red x is where there is an existing tower with no VZW service.The red x is where there is an existing tower with no VZW service.

Re: Cell coverage spotty in 19808
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JFA19707,

We thank you for all the details. You hit the nail on the head, terrain (hills) will always play a role with cellular signal. I reviewed the area, and don't show any open concerns reported. Which services are affected? What can you expect when you use your device near that area? 

KatiM_VZW

JFA19701
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your reply.  When I travel Linden Hill Road in that area in-between Limestone Road and Upper Pike Creek Road, I frequently will have a call go silent (meaning it will not necessarily drop, but nobody can hear anyone else...and sometimes it does drop.)  The silence may eventually cease when you come in range with another nearby tower.  The tower I mentioned is near this area.  

People seem to be more open to complaining about something on facebook than they are in actively solving the problem...which was why I opened this post to try and get the issue resolved.   🙂 

I have only observed phone service being spotty because I'm usually driving and wouldn't be using the other services available to me.  I drive through that area regularly, but I don't have a specific time i'll be doing it next.  If you want to do some active troubleshooting, i'm willing to go for a drive!

Jon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JFA19701, making sure your services work consistently is always important. It seems like the calling concern can be pinpointed at this specific location.  We would like to troubleshoot this matter with you. Please contact us once you are at the troubled location. There may be a delayed response through this platform. We would recommend that you contact us by utilizing one of the methods provided from this link https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/#Chat

0 Likes
SAC0209
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is an issue for everyone living in this area!  Even the shops, the bank and the stores in this area near and around the shopping center and behind it do not have reliable Verizon service.  This is ridiculous.  I cannot make a call in this area, let alone if I am ON a call... it ALWAYS drops in this area.  Please help!  Please reset the tower or whatever is necessary to get this to work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, SAC0209. We know how important it is to have reliable service. Let’s look into this further. Is this issue happening indoors or outdoors? Are you having issues with text messages and data?

-Gerson

0 Likes
AMR808

I echo the concerns raised by the previous post.

Another area that calls often drop is at the intersection of Limestone and Centerville Roads, and the approaches to that intersection from all directions (starting on the south side on Centerville at Red Clay Drive, and on the east side on Limestone at Little Falls Drive, in particular).

As was shared in the previous thread, the call is interrupted but not always dropped.  Once passing through this intersection, the call often resumes, unless one party has disconnected.  Other times, the call drops completely.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details, AMR808. We definitely want to ensure service works as intended in the area. How does our service historically perform in this area? Are you receiving any error or announcement messages on your device? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
Aguadawg

Hi. This issue is still continuing especially while driving on Pike Creek Blvd between Skyline and New Linden Hill- it usually doesn't drop the call but the other party can't hear me. Also, I live in Plum Run, and if my wifi goes out, cell coverage is very spotty. It's surprising for such a residential area. This is for data, and sometimes calls.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Aguadawg, thanks for reaching out regarding your service. You mentioned that cellular service is spotty in your home area. Are you running into an issue both indoors and out? How far away from your home do you have to travel before service improves? Are you seeing a change in your signal on your phone?

-Lauren

0 Likes