Cell service/signal reduction
ptsheil
Enthusiast - Level 2

My cell phone service/signal has significantly reduced in the last year.  We dropped our landline two years ago because we could reliably get cell calls.  Now, however, I'm lucky to get 2 bars and I have to stand in one location in the house in order to get that.  I am in zip code 95614, and have an iphone 7.  Many others in our area have complained also.

Labels (1)
Re: Cell service/signal reduction
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the best service with us, ptsheil. We are here to help with making sure you can stay connected. Currently there is no reported issues with our network for your area. 

If this issue is just happening indoors, then most likely the problem is with the structure of your home blocking our signal. Do you have the problem when standing outside? 

We understand that you stated you only get 2 bars, but how does the service work for you with your call, text, and data? Do you have home Wi-Fi service? We ask because the best solution for indoor usage is to use Wi-Fi, as well as Wi-Fi calling on your phone http://vz.to/2uquvay

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ptsheil
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have Wi-Fi service. I have a Wi-Fi extender. It does not help. I have this problem outside also - although if I stand in one exact area outside and do not move, I can usually continue the call.

My problem stems from the fact that I used to have excellent service inside my house. My service was reliable enough, that I dropped my landline. Now, I am lucky if I can have a conversation with someone.

Since I used to have a great signal, and other friends and neighbors have also reported this problem, I feel the issue is related to Verizon's cell signal.

Is there something - other than Wi-Fi related - that will boost my cell signal?

Thanks.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you have in-home internet connectivity thru cable, you could look at a 3G Network Extender.  It works like an in-home cell tower and connects to the VZW network thru your internet connection.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
ptsheil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry - no cable available in my area. We use satellite through Hughes.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

The 3G and 4G Extenders aren't designed to work thru satellite internet services.

0 Likes
ptsheil
Enthusiast - Level 2

What about a Cell Signal Booster? One that works with the cell tower?

Thanks for keeping with this. I appreciate your efforts.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You can do a search on cell signal boosters and see comments and/or references.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ptsheil, we know the importance of needing to have your cellular service to work the way it was intended. I depend on my cell phone service for everything these days. Has there been any changes to the area in the past year, new construction, any improvements to your home?

Kevin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ptsheil
Enthusiast - Level 2

No changes to my home with the exception of a new refrigerator with "Smart ThinQ", which can work with an app. We do not use it.

I heard rumors that Verizon towers in our area were upgraded or added, but nothing has improved at our house.

0 Likes