Cell signal and voice quality in DFW has really declined.
cbmassey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Voice call quality has gotten really bad and unpredictable in the DFW area over the past 12-18 months.  I had very good cell signal and call quality at my home for years, and then it got worse and quite frankly impossible without enabling Wifi, just to have conversations.  I drive around DFW daily and used to brag about the consistent quality of the calls, and even influenced others to drop their carrier and come to Verizon.  

However in the last 12 months or so there are now lots of hesitations where me or the other party do not hear the other for about 5 seconds and then we are okay again.  

What has changed, and what it being done about it? 

I am for the first time in over a decade looking around at other carriers and talking to my friends about their quality of voice calls to consider changing.  

Thank you!

cbmassey

Re: Cell signal and voice quality in DFW has really declined.
someday139

We are having the same exact thing happening here in Summerville S.C.   I talked to someone at the Verzion store when I had to switch out a device and they acted like they didn't know anything about it or care.  I'm being totally honest.  They gave me no help.  It is very frustrating!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As our long-time and valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns, too, and we continue to appreciate your many years of customer loyalty. We certainly don't want to lose you as our customer. Thank you for the detailed information. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing service issues with signal quality and calls in the DFW (Dallas Fort Worth, TX) area, and we'll do everything we can to get this resolved, so let's get started. Are you experiencing these service issues only while you're indoors, or are you experiencing service issues while you're outdoors too? Have there been any recent changes with your device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) What's the make/model of your phone? Please try rebooting your device for us. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with service, out in Summerville, SC, someday139. We want the best for you and I want to ensure that we figure this out. Also, sorry to hear about that earlier interaction with customer service. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your location? Are you having issues with voice quality only or with texting and mobile data or anteing else? When did the issues start? 

-Ryan

0 Likes
cbmassey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issues are everywhere, indoors and outdoors.  My family could all use our phones at our home without issue for years, but within the last 10-12 months signal quality just dropped.  We had to activate WiFi calling to be able to use our phones.  

Just driving around DFW call quality has declined.  I used to be able to have a non-interrupted call while driving all over the DFW area, but now no matter where I am, sometimes one party or the other just will not be able to hear each other for a few seconds, and then it is back to normal.  This did not used to happen.  

My phone is an iphone XS.  

What did Verizon do that caused a drop in signal quality, and more importantly what is being done about it?

Thanks,

c

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know we rely on our signal everyday. Especially when traveling around town. I would love to help to see what is going on. I do apologize but I am unfamiliar with DFW. Can you please provide me your nearest intersection and zip code? Does your audio cut in and out on every phone call? Please tell me more.  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
12jwarren

I am experiencing issues too. There’s something going on in Dallas for sure with a decline in Verizon signal across the entire city. 

0 Likes
DougBSells76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the same boat.  I literally can't even do work from my device as a network technician.  Either it's no internet or so slow pages fail to load frames with contents.  It's gotten so bad I'm honestly planning to switch to ATT, which I have verified works in all of these locations.  Unfortunately, the locations are DART stations.  Where connectivity should be at its best.  We also have 300 Cradlepoint IBR 1700 spread around the city.  They are not mobile and also have some major issues with good RF environments.  Those may also be moved to ATT if this isn't resolved.  It isn't a device issue either, as I have tested with multiple devices.  It's not in one specific area or areas with poor RF.

0 Likes
DougBSells76
Enthusiast - Level 1

My personal/work device is a Pixel 6 Pro.  I can use it from time to time, but generally if I am in the city, data is not there or I'm constantly ping-ponging between 4G, 5G, and 5G UW.  I've disabled 5G and then I still am unable to get a solid data connection.  Most of my tools/apps fail to load the contents, if the page loads at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely understand the need for reliable service. Lets address your concerns together! Please send us a Private Note in order to further proceed! *Jorge

0 Likes