Change in service
Classicbass

Past few months On any given day my cell service goes to zilch.. works better at night than day latley. This was never the case before.  Im seeing numbers like

109-120dbm & 99asu sometimes 0 asu.

I live 2 miles from the tower off hwy 80. My area code is 95949 california. What changed? Nothing on my part. Did verizon decide to share the tower with other providers? Have a tech tweak the settings? How do i find out? Seem likely after reading they share towers and screws it customers who pay for service before they decided to share on theses towers. And why now does my service work better at 4am than 4pm latley?

Funny thing is a few years ago when i moved here i called others about cable tv an internet and everyone said your in verizon land and there are no other services but verizon there.. huh yea no fios or tv still to this date in verizon land and now cell issues:(

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change in service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm terribly sorry to hear that the slow speeds are continuing, Classicbass. Do you have friends or family running into the issue? The zip code is fairly but in the western portion zip servicer moves to moderate with small patches of no service. Have there been any recent population adjustments in the area? Speeds differing during those times a day may vary well be in regards to traffic on the tower in the area. As traffic increases on tower the radius of signal will also decrease.
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would go to a Verizon corporate store and get a new SIM card. They are free and it could be faulty if you're seeing 0 asu at times.

If that doesn't work then I would open a service ticket.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sad to learn you are not getting the service you deservce. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you get it back. I checked the area on our map and you are in a great coverage area. It is common for service levels to drop a bit during heavy usage but it should still work. What is happening? Are you dropping calls? Can you use data? What is the make/model of your phone?
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Classicbass

Im have a samsung note 5 brand new.

Recently changed phones cause i thought my old phone was bad but its wasnt that..

My numbers are 108dpm & 33asu right now 945 am.

I think its a issue when switching between 4g lte an 3g.

I see It switches alot i must be right on that line and when it does this switching thing thats when i my i cant get online it happens alot..very frustrating at times.

I feel if there was a way to manual change it to one or the other then it would work.. but on my last 2 samsung phones that option isnt there. Ive tried

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details Classicbass. I can certainly understand how important it is to have reliable service.

What specific issues are you experiencing when you have the fluctuation between 3G and 4G? Is it affecting calls, text, or data? Does you have other lines having this same issue? Does it only happen while indoors?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Classicbass

Hi john .. texting is definietley affected if i were to send a small picture to someone it fails to send or times out most of the time .. like today all 3 times ive logged in to this site it takes about 10 min just to get past the login user/id then passwsrd page then the main page. I dont make very many phone calls but my text and data are affected. Indoors outdoors its all the same service latley... there is some kind of interference or lack off signal past few months... maybe its a hacker logged into your tower running unlimited speeds slowing everything else down.. i dunno ..

114dbm 27asu right now

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details Classicbass. Let's get to the bottom of this.

You mentioned that the service improves at night. So it may be that tower congestion during peak times is affecting the speeds. Do you have other lines being affected as well? Have you had the SIM card replaced since this started?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The numbers you have provided are within normal range. When I looked at mine this AM after reading your initial complaint I was at 108 and 35. I was also getting 4G and 2-3 bars.

When you replaced your phone, what phone did you have before? Could you have possibly put a 3G SIM card into the 4G phone? Or did you get a brand new SIM card with the new phone?

0 Likes
Classicbass

My old phone was a samsung note 3. I only have one line here i imagine my nieghbors have verizon since this is verizon land i dunno..

I dont agree with my signal numbers being within range of ok far from good actually. Or my service would be much better.  something has changed on verizons part..

Thus a reason i decided to post on the forum. I have no clue what changed..

Soo why does verizon share towers with  others like att?

Who cares about others.. verizon gets money from sharing towers and our service slows down. This pisses its cutomers off with crappy service and then you call them and they kiss ass sry sry sry ... maybe i should just go to att and share the tower with them cause they get what they pay for its under contract or they would nix it.. kinda what im thinking of doing

0 Likes
Classicbass

Sry i didnt respond yesterday .. my signal numbers were so bad i couldnt even get online to login. I dont have time to wait for it to load

0 Likes