Change the Number of Rings before Voicemail
Marcy239

2 years ago I contacted Verizon support to change the number of rings from 3-4 to about 12 because I'm using my personal cell for work and needed more rings before the call goes into voicemail.  I've decided the number of rings is too many, regardless of whether the person calling me is hearing less.  It's too many.  I would like it changed to something like 5-6 rings.

Verizon CSR 1 said I could change the number of rings by doing the following:  **61*121*11* on your Vodafone mobile.  Enter the number of seconds followed by #.  Press Call.  Get confirmation.

***That didn't work.  I get "call failed."

I called Verizon support again.

CSR/Supervisor 2 said:   I just called Verizon support again and she said they no longer have the ability to change the number of rings and the customer cannot either.  She said the steps given to me might work for a day to change the number of rings, but it would not be permanent.

Both of these CSR's said they've heard this request before.  Probably on an hourly or daily basis.  Either Verizon or the customer needs to be able to change the number of rings (or seconds) before the call goes into voicemail.  This voicemail technology is backwards.  You need to escalate this issue and have your voicemail developers fix the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change the Number of Rings before Voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the value of features such as voicemail, Marcy239. You came to the right team to see that your feedback reaches the right people. In this day and age, technology is in every aspect of life. Our systems do not currently offer any set number of rings prior to a call going to voicemail. There are likely third-party apps which would support custom voicemail options should you wish to go that route. I understand this may not be the information you’d hoped for, but does this clear up the options regarding voicemail?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Daniel67
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is an old post so not sure if you are still around, but I am currently navigating this frustrating limitation. 

if this is the correct team to pose the question of the original post, then maybe you can explain WHY TF it is not possible to change the number of bloody rings before the call goes to voicemail!?

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes