Changing last name on account
DFtoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have changed my account in-store to my changed last name multiple times in the past, but it has *never* updated in billing.

The problem:  Government systems (IRS) which try to authenticate me against my mobile account name fail.

Also, solutions presented in the Community don't help (if in-store update actually worked) since I have moved, am disabled and the closest company store is now an hour+ drive.

Solutions presented also state that a valid photo ID in the old/new name must be shown to effect the name change.  Most organizations, including gov't agencies will accept a certified legal name change document i.e. marriage license, etc, along with the photo id with new name; or accept  a paper trail of the name change (certified: birth cert+name change doc).  Why won't you?  Your systems which don't update and your overly narrow update policies/channels impede progress and function and are a disservice to your customers.

Also, please note: there is a posted question in the community in one of the name change threads that has gone unanswered since 5/27/19.  I usually rave about Verizon's superior customer service, but the community administrators have missed the mark here.

0 Likes
Re: Changing last name on account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We want to ensure that all of your account information is correct. To clarify, when the changes were requested in the past, did you receive confirmation?

MatthewI_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathyrolfe17

What was the solution to this question?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kathyrolfe17, making sure you are aware of your options to change your last name is important. Let’s review the details. What is the reason you will be changing your last name? Can you please clarify if your last name is being displayed incorrectly on your account or monthly billing statement?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes