Changing my pre-paid phone number
pWARD

I am writing this post after spending 2 hours on the phone with the automated system and going through 4 "live" people. All I wanted to do was change my WA phone number to an AK phone number. The automated system would give me a new phone number, then tell me it couldn't do it, then hang up on me. No offer to talk to a live person. I would get back on the number and wait as the choices it gave me was, "or hold and talk to an expert." When I would wait to talk to the expert, it would go through a menu and then finally hang up on me, saying, "sorry you are having trouble, good-bye." I finally tried another number and did get live people. It turns out that in AK they can't change the phone number if your phone is not 4G and it turns out not in my area. Well I have a pre-paid phone that had $304.00 on the account because I don't use it much. So I asked if I could cancel my automatic payment each month and continue to use the phone until the money was gone. That took holding and back and forth with "corporate." They offered me a "deal" Pay 2 months and they will extend my due date 6 months. I did not want this as I felt that I should not have to pay more to use the money I already put on the phone. After "haggling", they would not help me with that. My husband told me to go ahead and pay $30 and try to use up my $ in 6 months. I will not use Verizon again for the fact that every time we have been on the phone with customer service we spend over an hour and have come away with no answer or a frustrating conversation. This was definitely the "straw" that broke my back. I thought that pre-paid was a convenience, but it is not. There is no way to get out of it without paying. I did pre-paid to avoid a contract, but I was misinformed. I am frustrated and very disappointed with Verizon. We had them for our home phone until Frontier bought them and I had them for my cell phone and could use my little pre-paid phone anywhere and bragged about it when all my family and friends had smart phones that would not work in some areas. I would think that they could extend the time on my phone for at least a year without me having to pay more. After all they took the money from my credit card automatically every month. It is my money and I should be able to use it. Any one else have to deal with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes