Chaperone Alert Problem
devildog1983
I've spent an hour on the phone with Verizon Tech Support and they can't solve my problem. Hopefully someone here can. I have a Chaperone subscription and when I upgraded to 2.0 on my EnV, I stopped getting alerts as text messages and started getting "Get It Now" notifications to log in to see my Chaperone alerts for my child's phone. My wife's phone (EnV) also has 2.0, but she still gets text alerts. I removed and reinstalled the Parent App and it didn't solve the problem. I bought a new phone this week (for other reasons) and installed the Parent App and I still have the same issue. Someone please HELP!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Chaperone Alert Problem
slh777

I am having the same problem, I got a new phone and upgraded to the chaperone 2.0 and do not recieve the SMS text alerts anymore. The Verizon store told me that version 2.0 no longer sends text messages just an alert to the chaperone app.  Tech service told me that they set me up on vtext.com so that I would be able to recieve the text but no go of course. 

I wish they could make a choice if you would like to recieve texts or not or at least be able to use the old version of the application that did support SMS Texts. I am very unhappy with the service now as it is and Verizon told me that they cannot change anything, it is a 3rd party that makes the software. 

I have spent days trying to get this resolved and nobody seems to care. I think they need to roll back to the old version of the application with a choice to recieve text or not.

Message Edited by slh777 on 07-07-2009 11:11 AM
0 Likes
eBalut

slh777 wrote:

I am having the same problem, I got a new phone and upgraded to the chaperone 2.0 and do not recieve the SMS text alerts anymore. The Verizon store told me that version 2.0 no longer sends text messages just an alert to the chaperone app.  Tech service told me that they set me up on vtext.com so that I would be able to recieve the text but no go of course. 

I wish they could make a choice if you would like to recieve texts or not or at least be able to use the old version of the application that did support SMS Texts. I am very unhappy with the service now as it is and Verizon told me that they cannot change anything, it is a 3rd party that makes the software. 

I have spent days trying to get this resolved and nobody seems to care. I think they need to roll back to the old version of the application with a choice to recieve text or not.

Message Edited by slh777 on 07-07-2009 11:11 AM

I responded to one of your other posts about this problem.  Sounds like the tech folks were on the right path, but I doubt they actually knew what they were doing (all too common with tech support nowadays).  Login to your chaperone account on the web where you created the childzone.  Select the childzone you want and then select edit childzone.  Then at the bottom of the popup window select add or delete a recipient.   On the next popup window, enter the following email address: yourmobilenumber@vtext.com (i.e. 4255551212@vtext.com).  Then save the changes and it should work.  If you already have that email address added, then I'm not sure what the other problem is.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
BernieMD

I had the same problem, but figured it out on my own, then told Customer Service how to fix it.

Now I am having issues with the zones. If you are not in a zone long enough, it won't notify me that the phone entered the zone. Shouldn't this notify me as soon as the phone enters or exits the zone, within minutes?

Another issue is when the phone enters a zone, then turned off and on again, then leaves the zone, I do not get a notification that the phone left the zone. Anyone else have this problem?

My zones are set up for 1/2 mile radius and the home alert works just fine, I guess because the phone stays in that zone longer without being turned off for school.

Please help, anyone!

0 Likes