Re: Chaperone issues?
darkmuse

hmm,  I recently enlisted for the service but have been unable to use the website to locate my child's phone.  Each time I attempt to log in via Safari or Firefox the website goes to https://chaperone.vzw.com/landing and displays a blank page.

Any ideas are welcome...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

darkmuse wrote:

hmm,  I recently enlisted for the service but have been unable to use the website to locate my child's phone.  Each time I attempt to log in via Safari or Firefox the website goes to https://chaperone.vzw.com/landing and displays a blank page.

Any ideas are welcome...

Use IE :smileymad:  Seems not all pages work with FF (my browser of choice) but when I use IE, the missing pieces and functionality is there.  Someone isn't doing any X-browser compatibility testing....

0 Likes
Re: Chaperone issues!!
TK

I went into the store and purchased $500 worth of phones to be able to use the Chaparone services.  I did this mid August.  It has been nothing but a nightmare since.  I have spent anywhere from 10-12 hours (both in the store and on the phone with tech services) trying to make this thing work.  I am trying to run it on 2 child phones with 3 alert zones set up (home, school, work).  Sometimes the alerts work for 1 child, sometimes the other, sometime none.  We got an alert the other morning at 6:02 am that our daughter had left home.  When actually--she was in bed asleep, we checked.  We don't know what else to do.  Unfortunately it is VERY unreliable and the service is very sporadic. 

0 Likes
eBalut

slh777 wrote:

I loved the Chaperone service untill they upgraded the software, I am no longer able to recieve text messages that the child has left the area......I do recieve an alert letting me know I have a message in my Chaperone App but those alerts have no sound so I have no clue if I recieve one untill hours later when I check my phone...... what is the point of the service if you cant hear the alert?!?!

I WANT MY TEXT MSG BACK!!!!!

We had this same problem at the beginning of last school year.  Spent a lot of time on the phone with several reps trying to figure it out.  At one point, we did get a text message when testing, but then it started just doing the goofy Get it Now message without any beeps or anything.  They were saying this is how 2.0 was supposed to work (they should fire the bone-head who decided that one).  Anyway, finally got someone who knew a "work-around".  Just go to your childzone settings and add the following email to the alert: yourmobilephonenumber@vtext.com (i.e. 4255551212@vtext.com).  It will then send a text messsage as well as the dumb get it know message.  This bothers me so much I think I will write to the CEO of Verizon and complain again...  Hope this isn't too late to help you.

0 Likes