Charge for downloading or receiving date but never used that
MilliJo

Hi all,

My Wireless bill says I have downloaded (or send?) for $ 10.00 of data. I should have received text messages (not), pictures (not) or even videos (not) or have send any of those (not).

There is no evidence of any of those possibilities on my phone, nothing received, nothing send. It's 'only' 10 bucks but I didn't do any of it. Which scares the h..l out of me. What's next? And how can I find out what happened??

Thanks a million!

Milli.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charge for downloading or receiving date but never used that
budone
Legend

MilliJo wrote:

Hi all,

My Wireless bill says I have downloaded (or send?) for $ 10.00 of data. I should have received text messages (not), pictures (not) or even videos (not) or have send any of those (not).

There is no evidence of any of those possibilities on my phone, nothing received, nothing send. It's 'only' 10 bucks but I didn't do any of it. Which scares the h..l out of me. What's next? And how can I find out what happened??

Thanks a million!

Milli.

Are you sure the $10 is not the $9.99 monthly charge for data on most phones now??

0 Likes
flywheel

I have an 11.98 download charge, but have no idea what it was.  If the bill said what it was I would have no problem. I did not download anything this month. I had a charge last month which was a monthly thing from an unsolicited text message that I replied STOP like it said.  They took it off, but I had to call to find out what it was.  PLEASE put those things on the bill so we know what they are!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

flywheel wrote:

I have an 11.98 download charge, but have no idea what it was.  If the bill said what it was I would have no problem. I did not download anything this month. I had a charge last month which was a monthly thing from an unsolicited text message that I replied STOP like it said.  They took it off, but I had to call to find out what it was.  PLEASE put those things on the bill so we know what they are!

Wow. I posted 2 years ago and someone responds!!! Smiley Happy

Anyways, if you are the account owner, log into your account, from the HOME page choose, VIEW BILL.

Then if the date of the bill is correct, choose PRINT BILL. This is a DETAILED invoice and will state what the charge was for.

0 Likes
flywheel

Thanks.  It is listed there at the end. It is the same unsolicited text place. (cellfunz.com) I had a text that said they had renewed my subscription to get 3 funny texts per week, but I never got any of them, and I never sent a stop message because I thought I did that last time.  I went to their website and it is very obvious that you are signing up for something because you have to enter your cell phone number first thing (which I never did). I just wonder if someone else did it.

Anyway, I sent a stop message and got a reply that I was unsubscribed. I have no history of my last stop message, so maybe it wasn't sent. I found my other stop message.  It was for a different unsolicited subscription for some kind of auction bidding thing.  I wonder how many people are getting charged for these things?

Thanks again!

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Call VZW CS or you can do this online, but block premium messaging. And again reply STOP to the text again if ya still have it.

Alot of times you sign up, just by taking a survey on FB that is sent to you by a 'friend'. Or a horoscope site or a ton of other places on the net.

0 Likes