Chrome Remote Desktop doesn't connect over 4G LTE
rstlhiii

Just switched from a Pixel 2 XL to the Pixel 6 Pro, using same sim card, and am having the issue with connecting to Google Remote Desktop. I haven't figured out a work around yet. 

0 Likes
Re: Chrome Remote Desktop doesn't connect over 4G LTE
rstlhiii

So I did discover that if I connect to a VPN it'll allow me to use the Remote Desktop. 

I've been using PIA VPN on my laptops for years, and it works with android too, Also has a toggle in the notification pull down bar.  

Hope that helps. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, rstlhii. We know it's important to get this working. We always recommend getting a new SIM Card when you get a new device. Your SIM Card from the Pixel 2 XL is a 4G SIM Card. You need a 5G SIM card to get the best service out of your device. *Rebecca

0 Likes
mbsagan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue as well. Moved from a Oneplus 6T to Pixel 6 Pro and am unable to use CRD at all 😞 Odd thing is that I never had any issues with my 1+6T with connecting however the phone was carrier unlocked. Would that have any sort of effect? Wondering if anyone with an unlocked Pixel 6 pro is having this issue at all. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your phone mbsagan. Unlocked devices may have issues with some of the functionalities because its not a device purchased directly from Verizon. Are you able to make/receive calls, send/receive text and use data to connection. Is this an app you're having issues with? Is the software on that device up to date. We look forward to hearing from you soon. 

-Kinquana

0 Likes